New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Ugh, is that the title of the new show? As if the diffrentiation between The Muppets (2011) and The Muppets (franchise) wasn't bad enough. I'm sure the show will be great, but a simple title like that is just confusing. Maybe it's just temporary for the pilot to pitch to executives until they come up with something better.

Fozzie is definitely wearing the new tie because he's on a date. It looks like there's some coffee machine or something behind him so maybe he's at a restaurant or a coffee shop or something. I'm curious who his new girlfriend is. I'm assuming she's a similar looking bear, but I'm curious what she looks like or who's performing her. The speculation continues!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ugh, is that the title of the new show? As if the diffrentiation between The Muppets (2011) and The Muppets (franchise) wasn't bad enough. I'm sure the show will be great, but a simple title like that is just confusing. Maybe it's just temporary for the pilot to pitch to executives until they come up with something better.

Fozzie is definitely wearing the new tie because he's on a date. It looks like there's some coffee machine or something behind him so maybe he's at a restaurant or a coffee shop or something. I'm curious who his new girlfriend is. I'm assuming she's a similar looking bear, but I'm curious what she looks like or who's performing her. The speculation continues!
Well maybe that is just what they are calling it right now, but I do agree that if that is the title it sure dose not pop if you know what I mean.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never really liked how the movie was called "The Muppets," and that seemed like a marketing based move. Yet I have no idea what else it should have been titled. Great Muppet Comeback would have doomed the thing... I mean, look at Looney Tunes Back in Action. They certainly weren't in action for much longer after that. At the same time, I don't like the idea of the show being called "The Muppets" either, but can't think of a name I'd prefer to hear myself. The New Muppet Show is right out. The Muppet Show parentheses date end parentheses is awful too. Muppets behind the Scenes would probably work if everyone's forgotten about Behind the Music (sounds too similar).

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
but can't think of a name I'd prefer to hear myself. The New Muppet Show is right out. The Muppet Show parentheses date end parentheses is awful too. Muppets behind the Scenes would probably work if everyone's forgotten about Behind the Music (sounds too similar).
I think "It's Time To Meet the Muppets" sounds better.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Http://iconosquare.com/tvbobby This looks like one of those shows without a theme song. I hope this has a theme song.
Shows don't have theme songs anymore, it's an industry standard now, because network research believes that theme songs causes viewers to lose interest in the show and therefore will change the channel.

No, seriously, that's what networks actually say, which is why shows have no theme songs anymore, they just start the show from the get-go, overlay the main titles over it, then the show closes with the end titles overlayed over it as well.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Shows don't have theme songs anymore, it's an industry standard now, because network research believes that theme songs causes viewers to lose interest in the show and therefore will change the channel.

No, seriously, that's what networks actually say, which is why shows have no theme songs anymore, they just start the show from the get-go, overlay the main titles over it, then the show closes with the end titles overlayed over it as well.
That sounds really stupid. Was the 60s-90s just a figment of our imagination?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, but network and industry standards were a lot different back then than they are now.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
What D'Snowth is saying is mostly true. That and the reason that primetime shows sometimes barely even have time for theme songs are pat of the reason why shows don't have 'em anymore. The only current comedy show that I could think of that has a theme song off the top of my head is Community but even that never really did so well on TV anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't have a theme song as well. Primetime TV has changed a lot since the 70s.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I saw this news on Facebook and thought "Finally! I've been awaiting a new Muppet Show for so long. I can't wait to see it!". I hope this introduces a new generation of kids to the humor and charm of such beloved characters.

Last edited by a moderator: