New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

Drtooth

Reaction score
Shows don't have theme songs anymore, it's an industry standard now, because network research believes that theme songs causes viewers to lose interest in the show and therefore will change the channel.
Sorry, but I'm going with Strong Bad on this one.

Theme songs are indeed nice and all, but would you rather have 2 minutes of opening or 2 more minutes of show? The increased commercial time has to come from somewhere, I'd rather the show itself not be edited to a nub for it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would have to agree that two more minutes of show would be more worth our time. I would hope however that the closing of each show would be bloopers.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I don't see why a 30 second theme can't be more reasonable. You get a nice advertisement for the show and enough time for the show itself. Plus, just use that time to take a quick snack or bathroom break. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well this is interesting here is the title card for the new show. I know It going to start a snail storm of complaints, but here it is.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see why a 30 second theme can't be more reasonable. You get a nice advertisement for the show and enough time for the show itself. Plus, just use that time to take a quick snack or bathroom break. :smile:
I honestly am mixed on theme songs and all, but I really think the advertisers are the ones that should shoulder the blame on this one. Look at Gumball. it has a 20 second opening (5 seconds of it are title screen) and even those 15 seconds are considered too much so they can shove like one more short commercial in there. They edit the crap out of anime openings and endings on [adult swim]. Ruins the flow.

I'd love to see the Muppets have a nice theme song opening and all. I think 20-30 seconds is a good compromise. Unfortunately, we can't have the lavish minute to minute and a half numbers like we used to. Again, advertisers.

Well this is interesting here is the title card for the new show. I know It going to start a snail storm of complaints, but here it is.

Ehh... It's bland and a little too The Office-y, and remember that show ended at least 2 years ago (maybe going on 3) and lost relevance 2 years before that. If that's the title, it's going to be unfortunate and confused with the movie of the same name. But I think the name works better for a show than a movie, and couldn't think of a better title if I tried. Would have been nice to keep the original TMS font, though. But this is just the title and title screen of a pilot. I'm not going to nitpick or condemn the show for one tiny thing.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That is not the first time they used that kind of font. They used it for Letters to Santa as well.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'd love to see the Muppets have a nice theme song opening and all. I think 20-30 seconds is a good compromise. Unfortunately, we can't have the lavish minute to minute and a half numbers like we used to. Again, advertisers.
Preschool shows, at least on Disney Junior, seem to be exempt from this. I think this is mainly because the networks would get a lot of crap from parental groups if they advertised to their little ones.

That is not the first time they used that kind of font. They used it for Letters to Santa as well.
It's also the same font used on the Muppets Studio logo.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
It doesn't seem Muppety to me, if you know what I mean. It makes it look more like a show about the Muppets rather than a show starring the Muppets. Does that make any sense?