New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At least that looked creative and conveyed what kind of a movie it was going to be - this one literally just screams Muppet copy of THE OFFICE.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Can we just remember that this was what ended up being "The Muppets"....
Mainly because that wasn't the same film as The Muppets. Remember, Jason's original title was something to the extent of "The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time Ever" or something like that. The obvious thing being that it wasn't (The first three kinda beat it to the punch), but boastful titles turn viewers away.

And for the record, The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made? Think outside of the fandom. NO ONE would want to watch a film with that title.

At least that looked creative and conveyed what kind of a movie it was going to be - this one literally just screams Muppet copy of THE OFFICE.
I'm not going to nitpick the pilot's title and lack of interesting font. I'm none too fond of the minimalism trend in entertainment marketing. The show itself I could very well see being something like Louie or The Comedians (actually very much so like The Comedians). Office Style shows aren't really around anymore. Parks and Rec is gone, and Modern Family seems to have basically ascended beyond that influence. And the stress should be on pilot. The Muppet Show was only sort of like Sex and Violence. Things tend to change shape with these sorts of things.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I mean few theme songs are that good, that I want to keep hearing it, to be honest after watching TMS for more than ten episodes, the theme song got tedious, and I just did not care, so maybe the show does not need a theme song. The only show these days that really have theme songs are animated, but the other one is Brooklyn Nine Nine, which I actually want to see every episode, but really the title card for the pilot really does not matter, compare the title for Sex and Violence, and the actual show, big difference, but so far this show looks really great, when will this be green lit, come on, just announce something.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Mainly because that wasn't the same film as The Muppets. Remember, Jason's original title was something to the extent of "The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time Ever" or something like that. The obvious thing being that it wasn't (The first three kinda beat it to the punch), but boastful titles turn viewers away.

And for the record, The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made? Think outside of the fandom. NO ONE would want to watch a film with that title.

I'm not going to nitpick the pilot's title and lack of interesting font. I'm none too fond of the minimalism trend in entertainment marketing. The show itself I could very well see being something like Louie or The Comedians (actually very much so like The Comedians). Office Style shows aren't really around anymore. Parks and Rec is gone, and Modern Family seems to have basically ascended beyond that influence. And the stress should be on pilot. The Muppet Show was only sort of like Sex and Violence. Things tend to change shape with these sorts of things.
If my memory serves me correctly the original "Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever" was the title of the movie that Jim Henson and Jerry Jul where working on before Jim's death. So when they where going to call the then new movie that I was kind of shocked.

As for the title and the title card, I don't know. I really hope that they don't copy the Office as much as it would appear. I mean sure they are using that kind of style, but they should try and keep it as original as they can. I would think they would want to try and keep it as separate from the past Muppet Shows and any other show for that matter and make the new show there own.
With the title and things I wonder if we are just getting a revised version of the Office, but with Muppets this time.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
What I meant by my post was, that was originally intended to be the comeback movie for the Muppets, and that got changed to (or put aside in favor of) the Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time, obviously a take off on the title of the previously mentioned script, which ended up becoming the Muppets. So kind of full circle.

Also, what if the Cold Open of each episode is like a copy-cat version of a different popular show, this one being the office. Just like their movie posters in WDW. Just a thought...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So people aren't going to want to see a movie with a title like THE CHEAPEST MUPPET MOVIE EVER MADE, but people will willingly go to see a movie with a title like THE SECOND BEST MARIGOLD HOTEL or whatever it's called?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So people aren't going to want to see a movie with a title like THE CHEAPEST MUPPET MOVIE EVER MADE, but people will willingly go to see a movie with a title like THE SECOND BEST MARIGOLD HOTEL or whatever it's called?
Well let me answer that question with another question. When the Muppet Show was on the air did the casual watcher call it the Muppet Show, or simply the Muppets?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I agree with @Drtooth's comments. For anyone out of the fandom, the title is a flop, and no one would have saw it. It needed something simple. The Muppets was not the title we deserved, but the one it needed.

The annoying thing is that they're calling the TV show the same exact thing, although I think they might need a simple name, it's just annoying they're doing the same exact title which makes it all the more confusing.