The Muppet Movement: A Real Petition

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hello everyone! After taking a break, and evaluating what went right, and what went wrong the Muppet Movement is BACK!!!!

During the break a lot has happened with Disney's Muppets but they have still not released Seasons 4 & 5 of the Muppet Show. That means that the goal of getting these released should not just be the driving force of the movement, but every single Muppet fan. I still honestly believe that if all of the Muppet fans all around the world where to unite, that we would be able to get these two seasons released.

For those who may be new and wondering what the Muppet Movement is here is a brief recap. "I came up with the idea for the movement when I heard that the Coke-a-cola Company was going to be re-releasing the soda called Surge. There was this huge group on Facebook called the Surge Movement, and the basics of it where that the members would call Coke and ask to bring Surge back. Finally after months and months Coke finally listened and is now selling Surge once again. So all that got me to thinking if they could do it with a soda surely we Muppet fans could do it with the Muppet Show Seasons 4 & 5.
So then I created a Facebook and e-mail group called The Muppet Movement." https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Muppet-Movement/279976588876651
With this group in place we tried to hold an online event where people from each of the 50 states would call Disney on the same day. Sadly that event did not go very well and we only had one call made. After that I thought it would be best if we regrouped and tried to re focus our game plan. I feel now that I have the foundation for a better plan and would like to share it.
Since the 2009 D23 Expo and the announcement that Season four of the Muppet show was going to be released later that year. There have been countless online petitions trying help make that happen. Sadly none of these petitions have made any progress, and Disney has not given us fans any information as to when this is going to be released or why it has taken so long. Now although they are gaining in popularity and success, online petitions have a long way to go before reaching the same accomplishments as an actual petition.

Therefore I propose an idea of an actual hand typed petition with people's real signatures. When Disney then receives the several pages of people who want the Muppet Show, they will have to give the fans what they want. Now keep in mind that this is still in the early stages of planing and if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to get this off the ground please comment below.

I really hope that this new idea can grow, and that we Muppet fans can somehow finally untie for this one cause. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I know that it may seem like a hopeless cause, but I honestly believe that if the fans unite together that our voice can be heard. In the next few days I'm going to post the petition both here and on our Facebook page. I would strongly urge people to print it off and get as many people as you can to sign it. once you have all of the signatures then send them to me and we will combine them all to send to Disney. After I have posted the petition if anyone is willing to do this please contact me either by private message or on Facebook, and I will try and help out in any way I can.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would like to sign, is the petition on here or not yet.
Hi @Muppet Master I knew you would be on board with this as soon as you saw it. I am working on the petition tonight, and should have it posted on here and on the Facebook page within a few hours. So keep on the look out!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sorry for the double posting, but here is the Petition! You should be able to copy and past this to any word program and then be able to print it off. Once you have gathered all your signatures contact me via PM and I will tell you where to send them.

The Muppet Movement:A Petition to get The remaining Muppet Shows Released

“It's Time to play the music, It's time to light the lights”.....It time for the Muppet Show Seasons four and five to be released on DVD, and or Blu-ray! In 2009 at a Disney D23 Expo it was announced that season four would be released sometime in 2010. We are now in 2015 and have heard very little regarding this release or any other information on any other releases of any Muppet Show home video. Countless online petitions have been started to urge the Walt Disney Company to at least give some information regarding these releases, but none of them have gotten a response. Therefor the Muppet Movement is forming this actual petition with real signatures to urge Disney once again to release The Muppet Show Seasons four and five. Thees signatures are from Muppet fans across the entire world, who either grew up watching The Muppet Show, or are new fans who want to see these last two seasons for the very first time.

The following people would like to see The Muppet Show Seasons four and Five Released to DVD:
Signature City State Age

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If anyone would like a better copy of this petition please lest me know and I will contact you.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow in two short days we have gone from 20+ likes on our Facebook page to now having 82+ likes. If we reach 100 by the end of today 4/29/2015 then I will make and post a video of me attempting to sing a classic Muppet Song. Leave a comment below to suggest what song you would like to see and hear me sing!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
OK so here is a better version of the petition. You can now copy and past this to any word program and then print it off. If anyone thinks this should be re written please let me know.

• The Muppet Show Seasons Four and Five Petition
    “It's Time to play the music, It's time to light the lights”.....It time for the Muppet Show Seasons four and five to be released on DVD, and or Blu-ray! In 2009 at a Disney D23 Expo it was announced that season four would be released sometime in 2010. We are now in 2015 and have heard very little regarding this release or any other information on any other releases of any Muppet Show home video. Countless online petitions have been started to urge the Walt Disney Company to at least give some information regarding these releases, but none of them have gotten a response. Therefor the Muppet Movement is forming this actual petition with real signatures to urge Disney once again to release The Muppet Show Seasons four and five. Thees signatures are from Muppet fans across the entire world, who either grew up watching The Muppet Show, or are new fans who want to see these last two seasons for the very first time.

The following people would like to see The Muppet Show Seasons four and Five Released to DVD:

Name City State Age

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So after looking at the petition, and the conversations that we have been having about the Muppet Show seasons four and five. We decided to revise the petition, and focus a little bit more attention on music and celebrity royalties. The petition is also written in a way that it may be able to send to other places, like for the music, and celebrity royalties.

The Muppet Show Seasons Four & Five Petition

“It's time to play the music,it's time to light the lights” …....It's time for The Muppet Show Seasons four, and five to be released on DVD. Muppet fans have been waiting for the release of season four since it was announced at a Disney D23 Expo, back in 2009. Since that time it was learned that due to the high cost of music and celebrity royalties, and the lack of sales of the last two season sets. That the Walt Disney Company has all but canceled this much sought after product. This is why a small internet group called the Muppet Movement was started. This group's goal is to unite Muppet fans, and let there voices be heard, that they do in fact want the remaining two seasons of The Muppet Show released in some fashion. This petition is not not only show Disney, but also to show to music, and celebrity estates that Muppet fans are willing to do anything to get the last two seasons released. The following signatures are of Muppet fans who are asking, “Please release The Muppet Show seasons four, and five”.

Please use the space below to write your name, city, and state.