A little Fanart

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Cool pieces, I especially like the Link and Piggy piece, also I like the fact that you used Steven Universe quotes :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice concepts. Mayhaps :cool: is waiting for Annie Sue so he can ask her what a "familiar" is. As for Piggy and Link, urm, the only reference I can draw is that she's mad at the arrival of Spamelite and thinks she needs to be stronger through physical exercise. Then again, I could be completely wrong.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Nice concepts. Mayhaps :cool: is waiting for Annie Sue so he can ask her what a "familiar" is. As for Piggy and Link, urm, the only reference I can draw is that she's mad at the arrival of Spamelite and thinks she needs to be stronger through physical exercise. Then again, I could be completely wrong.
I like the way you think! I am so drawing Spamelite at some point later!

Initially, I was more thinking of which quotes would suit which characters and, if need be, situations. For Piggy and Link, I always figured they'd be gym-goers and those quotes from Greg and Pearl in "Couch Steven" seemed perfect for them as characters. For Zoot, well, you gotta admit there are some similarities between him and Garnet (and Buck Dewey if anyone's counting).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Buck Dewey, the mayor's son? Huh, seems Jamie the over-acting thespian was the one with an overt crush on Garnet, at least that's what I got from last week's ep, didn't watch it in full.

If Piggy is Pearl going to the gym, that reinforces even more her anger/jealousy/inferiority feelings towards Spamela as Sugalite.
Feel free to use any of these ideas for your art sketches. :smile:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Buck Dewey, the mayor's son? Huh, seems Jamie the over-acting thespian was the one with an overt crush on Garnet, at least that's what I got from last week's ep, didn't watch it in full.

If Piggy is Pearl going to the gym, that reinforces even more her anger/jealousy/inferiority feelings towards Spamela as Sugalite.
Feel free to use any of these ideas for your art sketches. :smile:
What I meant was Buck and Garnet, as shown a bit more obviously at the end of Joy Ride, are very similar in apperence and personality eg, sunglasses, neutral expressions, cool attitude and monotone voices. The same can be said for Sour Cream-->Pearl and Jenny Pizza-->Amethyst.

Thanks! :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, now I get it. Another funny idea would be whichever female Muppet you cast as Amethyst impersonating Piggy/Pearl from the latest runin with Slinker.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Oh, now I get it. Another funny idea would be whichever female Muppet you cast as Amethyst impersonating Piggy/Pearl from the latest runin with Slinker.
Haha, yeah that would be funny!

Actually, I did make an acrylic painting last year of a Muppet/Steven Universe crossover with muppets as the Gems. In this version, I had Piggy as Garnet, Skeeter as Amethyst, Janice as Pearl and Robin as Steven. You can find it here: http://iamallyballybee.deviantart.com/art/We-are-the-Muppet-Gems-459956537

I might do another version one day to match the show now but it's kinda an old favourite of mine.

Description
Landscape painting. Background consists of green and turquoise magic light beams, diamonds and sparkles very similar to the show's backgrounds. In the centre is Miss Piggy dressed as Garnet (pre-Jail Break outfit) standing tall and confidently with her legs apart and her arms lifted both sides of her in a powerful stance with Garnet's gauntlets. Her ears are sticking out from her Afro. On the right side of the painting is Skeeter as Amethyst in her original pre-Reformed outfit. She looks like she's just running into the picture with a big smile on her face and holding the handle of her whip above her head as if she's about to crack it. On the left side is Janice as Pearl, post-Steven the Sword Fighter outfit. She stands in a graceful stance, holding her spear upright with her right hand and her left leg extended out like a ballerina. She's smiling down at Robin as Steven, who's in mid-jump in the air excited between Janice/Pearl and Piggy/Garnet. He's wearing the same as Steven (even is dark curly hair) except for the sandels.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a nice pic. Yep, Skeeter as the goofball/sometimes cranky Amethyst is a perfect call. Robin as Steven's a good choice too, maybe Walter in a revised/different version?
Thanks for all of this. :jim:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
That's a nice pic. Yep, Skeeter as the goofball/sometimes cranky Amethyst is a perfect call. Robin as Steven's a good choice too, maybe Walter in a revised/different version?
Thanks for all of this. :jim:
Thanks for the drawing ideas! :flirt:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score

Desciptions

First Sketch: From left to right, Skeeter sits atop a wall, sitting cross-legged and leaning forward as she blows her bubblegum. She’s wearing sneakers, jeans and a shirt with a star on the chest. Janice and Piggy choose to stand leaning on the wall beside her. Janice is in a summer dress with a halter neck and a waist belt, wearing a wide summer hat and clutching a purse in her left arm. Piggy has deicided to go casual, wearing denim shorts and a shirt that has the words “YOU CAN’T SIT WITH US!” All of them are looking to the right off image with various unimpressed or neutral expressions.

Second Image: They say trench coat, sunglasses and fedora are the best disguises so the girls put that to the test. From left to right: Piggy seems to get the hang of playing it cool. She walks effortlessly with grace, her hands in her coat pockets and her expression neutral. Skeeter, on the other hand, doesn’t seem to be making as much of an effort. Unlike the other two, who have their coats closed and belt around their waist, her coat is open, her shoulders hunched and hands dug into her jean pockets as she walk alongside Piggy blowing bubblegum. Janice seems to have not noticed her friends are on the move, instead standing casually and looking the other way with one hand in her coat pocket.