Kermit and Walter at YouTube Space LA

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can kind of see how this could be considered as "nothing" in the "grand scheme of thing" - as I've said many, many times before, inspite of the fact that internet is "the future," not everybody in the world has internet access, and there's still a lot of computer illiterate people in the world as well, so these YouTube videos are only going to reach a small percentage of the masses, and the majority of that small percentage is strictly us Muppet Freaks. The potential new series for ABC has a better chance of reaches the masses as almost everybody still has basic television.

It's a double-edged sword, sure, but it's great that we're getting these things. I'm assuming some people are a little bummed because the Muppets are more-or-less being shoe-horned into other YouTubers' content rather than producing their own new videos like they did for a while there with the likes of "Bohemian Rhapsody" and such. I'm guess that's what people were expecting to see.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Okay!! Fine then!! I won't be making threads about this again then!! I feel horrible and embarrassed about myself now!

Why didn't I think that this would only attract the fans?? I'm so stupid!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
That does put it in a better perspective. From that other guy's comment I get a "the food is terrible! And such small portions" vibe.

While I have to go through this again...

Disney has no obligation to acknowledge anything that isn't Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, Frozen, or a couple of their preschool shows. Keep in mind how vast their ownership is. I'm talking franchise-ception of movies and TV shows. Some they at least dust off as a bad t-shirt once in a while. They have a new Darkwing Duck one (YAY!) but he's wrapped up in his cape, so you can't even see him (BOO!). And some of their owned media gets strangely inconsistent. Ducktales gets a big video game remake with the surviving cast, yet the rest of the series isn't on DVD. They hated Emperor's New Groove, but not enough to prevent it from getting a DTV sequel and TV Show, but just enough to never acknowledge it anywhere else with so much as merchandising. And they keep plastering Dusty the plane on crap even though the movies weren't that successful, and yet Baymax (a character people actually like from a successful movie) is only part of Ban Dai's Big Hero line.

So anyway, the fact we're getting a couple viral videos and a pilot is something. Not as big as a movie, and there sure as heck should be a lot more merchandise, but it's something. Meanwhile Fraggle Rock has a movie that's never going to be made, got like one or two viral videos and Boom and The Hub (back before Discovery wanted it back) have done more for the characters than the company that owns them. Though, yeah, Sesame Street is as relevant as ever. But HEY! Part of that is because of SW's brilliant internet strategy. Cookie's overtaking Elmo in popularity in appearances and viral videos alone.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Though, yeah, Sesame Street is as relevant as ever. But HEY! Part of that is because of SW's brilliant internet strategy. Cookie's overtaking Elmo in popularity in appearances and viral videos alone.
Cookie's really been given a lot of limelight exposure for the last few years, and rightfully so. Crumby Pictures? Cookie Thief? And the viral videos you mentioned? Yeah, Elmo's been "the voice" for SST for a while now, but really, Cookie has been one of the embodiedments of the street since the beginning, and it's great that he's been given more exposure as of late, and in turn, having more to work with, David has really been able to breathe more life into the character since taking over for Frank years ago.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Loved the bit with Bubba so good to see him back again, wonder what he took care of for Kermit, not that big a fan of Josh Groban but never the less Great to see more Muppets. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like others, I can put up with a little Josh Groban just to see both the Muppets and Lindsey Stirling together.

Probably the best video yet. I'll agree with the sentiments that Piggy's been flanderized (yeah, she's always been a diva, but going so far as to try and sabotage the show just because she wasn't the center of attention is a bit extreme, even for her), and whoever kept saying that the new Fozzie looks more like a teddy bear than a Muppet, that was really evident this time around.

But all in all, great video, like I said, loved seeing the Muppets and Lindsey Stirling together - I've said for years, but I really wish Lindsey would appear on SST sometime: that would be something to see her dancing all up and down the street while tearing into that violin of hers.