What Muppet Fans Are Thinking About

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
What would happen to the electric mayhem if dr. teeth broke his hands and was never able to play the piano again?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In Muppets Most Wanted, when Kermit lets Dominic talk him into doing a theater that's so expensive that the tour would end if the first show didn't sell out, he tells them that they have to do what they know best because of it. But even if they did play to their strengths, it's just their first show, which might not be a good indicator of whether they sell out. It seems like Kermit was depending on a good review/good word-of-mouth for the first tour, and maybe he meant that they could barely afford to do the first show and if it goes wrong they won;t be able to do more, but it still seems odd that Kermit would realistically expect them to sell out by playing to their strengths before the public has an idea of what's being done for this tour.

Then again, there's similar odd logic with the Muppets telethon in The Muppets, where they just happen to have the telethon during the last few hours before their payment is due and that it ends the very moment the telethon ends. But most people are pledging money from their homes, and there's no real way the Muppets can get the money right away (or maybe there is a way similar to traveling by map, but we're never shown if this is the case).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In thinking about how Jim Henson's Creature Shop still has all pre-2004 Muppets in storage (since Disney doesn't archive acquired properties), combined with the fact that existing pre-2004 puppets obviously still get used in new Muppet productions from time to time, I must wonder where they get stored after being used again. Does Disney send them back to the New York (or LA) Creature Shop? Do they get sent to the Puppet Heap building along with other PH-built Muppet puppets?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has anybody seen any promos for The Muppets Go Hollywood, The Muppets Go to the Movies, The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show, Rocky Mountain Holiday, The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years, Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting, or The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson? I'd be interested in seeing promos for those specials. I'd also be interested in seeing promos for the original broadcasts of The Muppets' Valentine Show and Sex and Violence (I've seen promos for the Nickelodeon broadcasts of the Valentine show), but I don't expect to see those online anytime soon.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night, I found a promo for a broadcast of The Frog Prince as part of Nickelodeon's Sunday Night Muppets. In the promo, it said that Muppet specials would be broadcast every Sunday that month. Now I remember if being two months, the months of November and December 1992 (and I recall The Frog Prince being the first one shown), so that makes me wonder if the showings were so successful that they extended it by a month, or if they just decided to extend it by another month so they could show the Christmas specials, or if maybe the plan always was to show Muppet specials every Sunday for two months and the announcer made a mistake.

And if Sunday Night Muppets was so successful that they added a month of Sunday Night Muppets, then it's a shame they didn't continue past those months. There's plenty of specials they could have shown. Of course I wonder if Nickelodeon got the broadcast rights to all the specials that ended up on Muppet Matinee or if they only had the rights to a handful of specials and gained more over the course of a few months. Between Sunday Night Muppets and Muppet Matinee, Muppet specials were occasionally broadcast on Special Delivery, but every time I saw Muppet specials there it was the specials shown on Sunday Night Muppets (but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if I looked in the paper, saw Hey Cinderella, Monster Maker, Living with Dinosaurs, Tale of the Bunny Picnic, or Lighthouse Island without thinking they might be Muppet specials). And then on Memorial Day 1993 there was an 8-hour Muppet marathon, with Hey Cinderella being the only Muppet special featured to not be part of Sunday Night Muppets (Muppet Babies episodes filled every other hour). It's sort of a shame they didn't use the opportunity to show, say, The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years or The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like the majority of the copies of Ed Sullivan Show appearances that The Jim Henson Company Archives has are in black and white (or at least I assume that whenever a Muppet clip from that show is used in a Henson retrospective or screening the copy comes from the Henson Company Archives as opposed to a different copy). Which gets me wondering: Is the Henson Company Archives' copy of "Come Together" in black and white?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was, considering that even the Muppet appearances from the early 1970s, when black and white had pretty much ended on television, are in black and white when they appear in a Henson retrospective. When something features clips from The Glutton, "What Kind of Fool Am I?", and the String Quartet, the clips are likely going to be shown in black and white, even though all of the Muppet appearances on the Sullivan Show were originally broadcast in color (and it seems the company that owns the show has the original color versions).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like the majority of the copies of Ed Sullivan Show appearances that The Jim Henson Company Archives has are in black and white (or at least I assume that whenever a Muppet clip from that show is used in a Henson retrospective or screening the copy comes from the Henson Company Archives as opposed to a different copy). Which gets me wondering: Is the Henson Company Archives' copy of "Come Together" in black and white?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was, considering that even the Muppet appearances from the early 1970s, when black and white had pretty much ended on television, are in black and white when they appear in a Henson retrospective. When something features clips from The Glutton, "What Kind of Fool Am I?", and the String Quartet, the clips are likely going to be shown in black and white, even though all of the Muppet appearances on the Sullivan Show were originally broadcast in color (and it seems the company that owns the show has the original color versions).
Well I just learned in another thread that all of the Ed Sullivan appearances included at The Paley Center for Media are in color and part of a compilation donated by Henson (and that only two appearances are not available there, I wonder if Henson has those missing segments in its archives). So I guess Henson does have color copies. Which makes me wonder where those black and white copies come from. Does Henson have copies in both color and black and white? Or are the black and white copies actually supplied by the company that owns the show (though they clearly had color copies for Muppets Magic)?

Harleena

Reaction score
wilL kemit and piggy, camillia and gonzo, and floyd and janice ever get married?
The better question is, will Kermit and Piggy ever stay married? I can probably say maybe for Gonzo and Camilla, and a big fat no for Floyd and Janice, because Disney doesn't like the Electric Mayhem (except for Animal, but you gotta admit that Animal is pretty darn lovable)

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
What would happen to the electric mayhem if dr. teeth broke his hands and was never able to play the piano again?
Maybe they'd get Rowlf to substitute for him. They both play the piano (Piano, keyboard, same thing) and have similar voices, though Rowlf's is more calm.

Speaking of Rowlf, something that I've been thinking about is the fact that Rowlf hasn't been used that much lately. I know he's one of the main characters, but does he really play a part in the Muppets any more, other than cracking jokes? He's one of my favorite characters and I'd love for him to play a bigger part in another Muppet production.