The Fanfic Research Thread

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I think the answer really depends on your story's take on the status of the frog-pig relationship. In KG, where Kermit and Piggy live in wedded bliss (nice town, that), it's "Aunt Piggy" to recognise her status as Kermit's lawfully wedded wife. In WOTG, it's "Miss Piggy" to Robin and most everyone else.
If the frog and pig are not trothed in your story, I see no reason for Robin to call her Aunt Piggy. Just my two cents.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers. I guess since Kermit and Piggy aren't married in my story, he could refer to her as Miss Piggy.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
In my fanfics coming up soon, My OC named Dom the Frog, since he was found and adopted by Kermit and Miss Piggy will kind of refer to Kermit as "Uncle Kermit." Same kind of goes with Miss Piggy as "Aunt Piggy." There is one problem. When he is in the Muppet Glee Club, Kermit will barely and I mean barely give a solo to Dom, but he does allow him to have a duet with another OC named Lani or with another femalw. Hope this kind of helps.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Dusting off this thread for a question about Robin: do you guys think he would address Miss Piggy as "Aunt Piggy" or just as Miss Piggy? I'm writing a bit where he talks about something Piggy told him, and I'm not sure what he would refer to Piggy as.
Agree with Counters on whichever works, though I think it depends on his relationship to her. For instance, if she and Kermit are official item/tied the knot, then she would be his aunt through marriage.

If she and Kermit are official item, but not married, it would depend on what Piggy would want and what Robin's comfortable with; hasn't she been trying to get him to call her Aunt Piggy for years? Maybe he doesn't because he doesn't view her as an aunt yet. *shrug*

EDIT - saw your response CTO and yeah, in that case it depends on how Robin would feel about it. Does he think Piggy's only a paper away from being his aunt? I guess my question/thought is - does Robin think Piggy is family enough to be called 'aunt'? IE in his eyes, is she still just the girlfriend or has he known her long enough to actually know her and think, "this pig's close enough to family already"

charlietheowl

Reaction score
EDIT - saw your response CTO and yeah, in that case it depends on how Robin would feel about it. Does he think Piggy's only a paper away from being his aunt? I guess my question/thought is - does Robin think Piggy is family enough to be called 'aunt'? IE in his eyes, is she still just the girlfriend or has he known her long enough to actually know her and think, "this pig's close enough to family already"
It's funny, I was intending this as sort of a throwaway line and now I've seen all the different sides to it. I guess I think that Robin has been used to seeing Piggy with his uncle for so long that he might think of her as an aunt. Plus, the Muppets tend to be one big family, however unorthodox, as is, so maybe everyone is his aunt and uncle there.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
It's funny, I was intending this as sort of a throwaway line and now I've seen all the different sides to it. I guess I think that Robin has been used to seeing Piggy with his uncle for so long that he might think of her as an aunt. Plus, the Muppets tend to be one big family, however unorthodox, as is, so maybe everyone is his aunt and uncle there.
Too true! Imagine that: Uncle Teeth and Uncle Zoot! And Uncle Pepe would be the weird uncle who always mooches at holidays!

Muppetgirl09

Reaction score
Do you wanna a fic to be created by me? If you do, let me know and I will try to create them.
Thanks!

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Do you wanna a fic to be created by me? If you do, let me know and I will try to create them.
Thanks!
I think you may have missed the point of this thread. This is for when people want to write fics but don't know specific details of the Muppets they need in order to carry on with writing and make the stories flow better, as well as having cool little references. If you want to write a fic, by all means do so! See what your imagination comes up with, or ask friends via PM of they have prompts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, actually I moved/merged Muppetgirl's post/thread in here because it just seemed odd to have a thread for posing fic requests without any actual fics. It might suit Muppetgirl's purposes even better if she started a "oneshots" thread for said requests.