The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know this member posted this skit in like 4 other threads too, right? That's "Birthday Emotions" level of obsessiveness.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I don't know if this was an insert or an actual episode scene, but according to page 34 of Sesame Street Unpaved, there was a scene (not sure which season/year) where Gordon puts Big Bird in charge of watching his just finished painting of the street. Big Bird becomes so concerned about protecting it that he makes a "Wet Paint" sign, and hangs it directly on the painting...and the rest is history...well, the book doesn't talk about Gordon's response to the ruined painting; it just said that it was smeared beyond repair.

@Katzi428 and @fuzzygobo do any of you 2 have any memory of this particular scene?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I don't know if this was an insert or an actual episode scene, but according to page 34 of Sesame Street Unpaved, there was a scene (not sure which season/year) where Gordon puts Big Bird in charge of watching his just finished painting of the street. Big Bird becomes so concerned about protecting it that he makes a "Wet Paint" sign, and hangs it directly on the painting...and the rest is history...well, the book doesn't talk about Gordon's response to the ruined painting; it just said that it was smeared beyond repair.

@Katzi428 and @fuzzygobo do any of you 2 have any memory of this particular scene?
I don't remember that particular scene, but it was consistent with how the writers were portraying Big Bird at the time.

One incident I DO remember from back then: one time everybody was going to take a trip to the beach, Big Bird included. So Susan and Gordon tell him to get a good night's sleep, they're leaving early the next morning. Big Bird worries if he'll be able to get up the next morning, so he stays up all night rigging his nest with various alarm clocks.

Morning comes, but Big Bird sleeps through all the alarm clocks going off, so they go to the beach without him. Poor Bird. Back then, his heart was in the right place, even if his brain wasn't.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I don't remember that particular scene, but it was consistent with how the writers were portraying Big Bird at the time.

One incident I DO remember from back then: one time everybody was going to take a trip to the beach, Big Bird included. So Susan and Gordon tell him to get a good night's sleep, they're leaving early the next morning. Big Bird worries if he'll be able to get up the next morning, so he stays up all night rigging his nest with various alarm clocks.

Morning comes, but Big Bird sleeps through all the alarm clocks going off, so they go to the beach without him. Poor Bird. Back then, his heart was in the right place, even if his brain wasn't.
Oh wow! I'd almost hate to imagine how that ended. Which year/season did it take place?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Somewhere around Season Five, when Roscoe Orman was the New Gordon on the Block.
It ended with Bird asleep in his nest, and the credits rolled.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Somewhere around Season Five, when Roscoe Orman was the New Gordon on the Block.
It ended with Bird asleep in his nest, and the credits rolled.
So Roscoe became the new Gordon in the middle of Season 5 as opposed to the beginning of Season 6?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what date it was. I was only five at the time and remembered Hal Miller was out, Roscoe Orman was in. It was the era of Rotating Gordons.

I've never been good at remembering exact dates, but I'm sure someone has it filed away all neat and tidy. On youtube in the Comments section, someone named kungfujiapple seemed to take it upon themselves to furnish all episode airdates and such. I guess it's more important to some people, doesn't make much difference to me.

You tell me what season or episode number, and I'll agree.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I should know that this was a skit, but I haven't thought of it until 2 nights ago when it cryptically and randomly popped into my mind when I was trying to go to sleep and I never thought to realize how bizarre it was.

But there was this sketch that was either a cartoon or some really weird effect done on live action where some lazy kid (a girl, I think) wasn't moving and her legs where whining about how lazy she was until they finally gave into the inevitable and stopped talking, and then the little kid starts moving again.

I'm not talking about the stop motion thing about the shoes voiced by Fran Brill reminiscing about all the things that happened when their owner wore them. So don't think I've confused the two.

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
I might have asked about this some time before, but I don't remember what (if any) response I would have gotten.

I have a vague memory of a skit involving Mr. Hooper and (I think) Bob which featured an announcer's voice (my memory is that it sounded like an imitation of Howard Cosell) saying "Mr. Hooper is jumping for joy!" That's about all I recall. A very small clip of this might have appeared in a Noggin bumper-type thing but I don't think the actual segment itself appeared.

Any help with this would be appreciated!

Also...can anyone tell me if there are any Henson "KRAML MILK" commercials floating around? They would have aired in the Chicago area and were similar to the Wilkin's Coffee commercials -- some of them might even have been the same skits but with references to Kraml Milk instead of Wilkin's Coffee. I believe Kraml Milk is long gone and out of business, but as late as 1980 I remember seeing one of their trucks pass by and it had Muppet caricatures painted on it. Of course, I do not have a photo!