Pairings You Hate

JJandJanice

Reaction score
It's clearly trolling, but I never liked how the Simpson writers want to doom Lisa to marrying Milhouse. And it's strange because Lisa's essentially the writer's pet half the time (she's gotten better in recent years), why would they constantly give their favorite character something that negative? It really wasn't that funny to begin with, and they keep it around as a running gag. And I really didn't like how Lisa does have some perverse feelings about him that she tries to break up someone who Milhouse is actually happy with, even though out-universe it's clearly so they don't have to keep Kristian Schall as a cast member and that whole "Status Quo is God (except when it isn't but is)" thing.

I dunno why, but I'd rather have seen Lisa end up with the character from the movie. And he wasn't even celebrity voiced. It was series regular, Tress MacNeil. I agree with Yeardly Smith on that one. They should have kept them together.

OR... you know what pairing I always wanted to see? Martin and Lisa. They seemed to be rivals like, one time, and that was never brought up again. They really seem they could have hit it off together, but the writers never wanted to see that for some reason. Also, I did like the thread they had with Nelson that gets brought up every so often...
I would have to agree, I would love it if Lisa stayed together with that boy.

You know I was always a little brother by the pairing of Luanne Platter and "Lucky" on King of the Hill. Though I guess Luanne has never been paired with anyone too great.

Harleena

Reaction score
I hated Pearl/Garnet even before all the Garnet ships sunk. I just never really saw the appeal. I prefer Pearl/Amethyst, to be honest.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I never liked rose/kanaya from homestuck. I know it's canon but I just can't get behind it. It feels forced, like those two were never allowed to be with anybody else.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
One of my friends said something aboutMeg GriffinXHayley Smith. I was a bit weirded out that he ships them, LOL!
I ship them, too, actually. You can find adorable fanart of them on deviantArt.

I'm actually not a fan of Arnold/Helga (Hey Arnold!). I actually really hate the "OMG-she's-mean-to-him-because-she-LOOOOOOOOVVVESSSS-him!!!!!" cliche with a passion. And the fact that she has an often insane "entitled to have you" mentality toward him doesn't help (and yeah, speaking of cliches I hate, the fact that she has a sad back story doesn't mean that she's entitled to have him either).

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Cleveland brown and Donna tubs the cleveland show , i can't stand Donna because when she and Cleveland was young. she did not want Cleveland and now that she has a huge butt , and droopy ta tas and two kids with the creep she did the backseat cha cha with when she was younger , and he left her . now all of the sudden she gets interested in Cleveland.

Harleena

Reaction score
I know I said I hated Japis and Jaspidot. But I don't mind Lasperdot, which is a Homeworld Gem OT3. I also hate:
  • France x Canada
  • America x Canada
  • France x Seychelles
  • Russia x any of the Baltics (I might like it if people could PORTRAY IT CORRECTLY WITHOUT COMPLETELY DESTROYING RUSSIA'S CHARACTER)
  • Prussia x Hungary
  • Rosalina x Anyone (literally anyone in the universe)
  • Ghirahim x Link
  • Groose x Zelda
  • Groose x Link
  • Peach x Luigi
  • Mario x Daisy
  • Mario x Luigi (THEY'RE BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!)
  • Usagi x Seiya
  • Mamoru x Chibiusa (although I don't mind Mamoru x Setsuna)
  • Sailor Jupiter x Nephrite
  • Sailor Mercury x Zoisite
  • Sailor Venus x Kunzite (I can tolerate Sailor Mars x Jadeite)
  • Minako x Yaten
  • Ami x Taiki
  • Sasuke x Sakura
  • AdvanceShipping (Ash x May/Satoshi x Haruka). I literally have a poorly drawn comic all about this, made to make fun of some of the dumb logic that shippers use, such as Oscar and Andi, the ribbon halves, their Bulbasaurs,

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Jelsa :Elsa is happy single

Any animatronic pairing:I consider them kids

Jacob/Renesme -Oh wrong for many reasons

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
elsanna (THEY ARE SISTERS!)
hans x elsa (he tried to kill her and was plotting her demise since the beginning!)
jack x pitch
1x2 (they are old people and are NOT compatable ever!)
Dr teeth x floyd pepper
spades slick x anyone who is not ms paint or snowman
meenah x vriska
caliborn x anybody ever
ichigo x orihime
merida x rapulzle

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know I was always a little brother by the pairing of Luanne Platter and "Lucky" on King of the Hill. Though I guess Luanne has never been paired with anyone too great.
Lucky was a freaking terrible character to add to the cast. You have this entire series devoted to how these suburban Texans aren't cartoonish rednecks and are actually decent people with odd personality quirks. Like this whole sunny memory about people and places they knew and had fondness for. So let's dump that and throw in an overblown stereotype character that was only used once for a specific episode. All the while taking Luanne from naive to too dumb to live. I know a lot of the show's fans felt the series was screwed out of more episodes, but then you look at how the writers were rapidly forgetting what the show was about those last seasons and it feels like they caught it in just enough time.

I'm actually not a fan of Arnold/Helga (Hey Arnold!). I actually really hate the "OMG-she's-mean-to-him-because-she-LOOOOOOOOVVVESSSS-him!!!!!" cliche with a passion. And the fact that she has an often insane "entitled to have you" mentality toward him doesn't help (and yeah, speaking of cliches I hate, the fact that she has a sad back story doesn't mean that she's entitled to have him either).
I tend to think it's a little more nuanced than that. She's clearly screwed up and that does tend to warp some people's emotions. I never felt that Helga was entitled to Arnold so much as too screwed up to show her feelings. Which makes that pairing worse because she loves Arnold enough to have an obsessive stalker's shrine to him, yet doesn't care about him anywhere near as much as keeping her tough girl reputation. There are so many episodes where she had the chance to to tone herself down and actually be nice to Arnold. Not romantically, just be a decent human being. She purposely puts up these walls, alienates Arnold, and then soliloquizes over why she acts that way out of habit. She sabotages her relationships out of fear that being soft will make her overly vulnerable, yet hates that it drives Arnold away. It's all on her why Arnold doesn't like her.

So I hate the pairing too, but not so much for the "it's a cliche" so much for the fact that it was intended that Helga screwed herself up and now she has to deal with it by never being able to bond a good enough relationship with the only person she actually likes.