When you need to rant...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Man, why even have flags anymore? Aren't they made of like dolphins or something? That's so cruelllll!!!!

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Why is it that when you'tre trying to find a decent site for sharing a movie the sites always want you to register and it costs an arm and a leg! I just want to watch a movie! Then if it's not registering it's wanting you to download a piece of hardware that will infect your computer with every single virus in the internet! n Whjy is watching movies online so FRUSTRATING?!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Why is it that when you'tre trying to find a decent site for sharing a movie the sites always want you to register and it costs an arm and a leg! I just want to watch a movie! Then if it's not registering it's wanting you to download a piece of hardware that will infect your computer with every single virus in the internet! n Whjy is watching movies online so FRUSTRATING?!
call me an old fart for borrowing DVDs out of the library, but they're free, hassle-free, gluten-free, and all they'll cost you is your time to watch them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So there's been yet another mass shooting, however this time it was in my own state.

These mass shootings are bad enough as it is, but the fact that it happened here actually makes matters worse, because we have the misfortune of not only being a red state, we're a red state that loves its guns, so not only will the local politicians use this event as an opportunity to spread their propaganda on why gun control is actually a bad thing, they're going to justify the shooter's actions because they believe gun control is actually a bad thing.

Just to give you an idea of what the subject of guns is like in our state, earlier in the year our local gumment voted to make it legal for people to carry guns in public parks (long as they have a permit). When the local news outlets interviewed parkgoers how they felt about it, almost all of the people who were interviewed on camera basically said the same thing: "I bring my kids here so they can have a safe place to play, but now I can't bring my kids here anymore, because what if some madman whips out a gun and starts shooting people?"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've fully accepted the fact that we're never going to have anything close to reasonable gun control due to the fact the NRA is run by pure greed, and the most vocal and minor of the vocal minorities are playing to their stereotype. So essentially, everything's crap because of rich jerks and a small group of loud morons. In other words, what else is new, and tell me something I don't know. But hey, love how these guys are still working on the falseness of "da gumment take away uhr guns" when said "gumment" is like this close to putting them in cereal boxes and giving them away for free.

But what I'm starting to get sick of is this. The very same right wing politicians who say "it's not the guns, it's the lack of mental health" are the very same ones that slash budgets by closing down mental facilities. Now, I completely agree we need better mental health care and that's just as important (if not, more) than getting guns out of the hands of the psycho. But blaming a lack of mental health care is complete and utter bullcrap unless we have ways to give these individuals the help they need and isolate those who are a danger to themselves and others from society.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But blaming a lack of mental health care is complete and utter bullcrap unless we have ways to give these individuals the help they need and isolate those who are a danger to themselves and others from society.
As someone who is always bringing up the mental health care system, I very much agree with you.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course, it turns out the case DSnowth was talking about was probably terrorism related (didn't hear much else about it). I don't think that mental health plays a huge role in all gun crime around here. Especially since there's a crapload of gang violence in one very specific Boston neighborhood that everyone's been trying to stop for years to absolutely no avail, and it seems they've just given up and accepted it. But that's another rant for another day.

But I hate how some politicians on the right bring up the topic of mental health to sway the gun control conversation (essentially being right for the wrong reasons) only to be budget slash happy and shutting down facilities to let dangerously insane individuals on the streets. That and their moral superiority at the risk of substance drug legislation from the 80's that turned South America into a cartel paradise forcing kids to have to crawl through the borders, only to have them disgustingly vilified. That kind of Catch 22 shortsightedness is why we keep going into the Middle East and fighting the same terrorist organizations we keep creating after fighting the previous one. We need long term solutions to these big moral quandaries and we can't do a darn thing about it because some rich waste of human life buys the government with a bunch of bottom feeding lobbyists. Not to mention the overpaid fatheads on radio and television who are clearly getting the same lobbyist money demagogging the heck out of easily scared and manipulated types.

We can't do anything about Mental health because no one wants to pay for it. We can't do anything about guns because the NRA, gun culture, and a microscopic vocal bunch of insane Doomsday preppers and Constitutional literalists that horde guns because they think the gumment is taking them away so they won't be able to horde guns to fight the gumment when they take them away. We can't do anything worthwhile about drugs because anything that isn't an easy, clumsy solution would take time, effort, and concessions.... not money, because anything treating addiction would be a LOT cheaper than locking minor offenders up and spending a fortune seizing small amounts of them that the dealers make up by jacking the price up. We can't do anything about getting kids healthy meals in schools because they don't want to eat them and no one wants to pay for a food service (or break a backroom deal contract with current ones) that cooks them properly. Everything we desperately need is evil gumment overreach, but oh great and powerful US government! Protect us from gay people we don't know getting married! So much disgusting entitlement and childishness. Those who whine about "entitlements" are the most entitled sacks of crap there are.

We have the power and culture to change and fix things, some on our own without the need of the government. No one wants to because if they examine themselves, they won't like what they're seeing. It's easier and more to their advantage to play the victim then to grow up, move on, suck it up, and just deal.

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
Why do people still use "gay" as an insult? It is not a bad thing for someone to be gay! Or do they mean happy? Are we insulting happiness now?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Because banishing any language from anyone's personal vocabulary is quite hard, even for those who know it's wrong. Still occasionally say the "R" slur in a fit of rage when I know I'm not supposed to. No matter how hard I try, it's there again. Then of course, that's like Boston's favorite insult. The Ted Movies are extremely accurate in how 20-40 year old Bostonians talk.