Video: "The Muppets" Official ABC Pitch Reel

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Loved the first look presentation! Pretty basic and short but it was fun and got me laughing! I now have more hope in the new series!

The little bits brought me so much joy, such as Bunsen saying "Uh-oh" after Kermit announced the show was going to be about their personal lives and Elizabeth Banks suddenly appearing and braiding Janice's hair. I also love that fact that they spend money before they've even earned it and that Denise possibly has a female puppeteer. (The credits didn't include her so I'm assuming that is so until proven otherwise)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So we still don't know who performs Denise. She doesn't get much dialogue (I was hoping we'd get to know her a little more in the pilot), and the credits don't even say who performed her (while listing who performed almost everyone else... It points out Matt Vogel performed Robin, who I don't remember spotting at all, and mentions "Sanjay" as one of David Rudman's characters... Not sure who that is... and the credits even say who performed "Yellow Happy Creature" who doesn't even get any lines, and does list Chip by name).

This pilot was great.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So we still don't know who performs Denise. She doesn't get much dialogue (I was hoping we'd get to know her a little more in the pilot), and the credits don't even say who performed her (while listing who performed almost everyone else... It points out Matt Vogel performed Robin, who I don't remember spotting at all, and mentions "Sanjay" as one of David Rudman's characters... Not sure who that is... and the credits even say who performed "Yellow Happy Creature" who doesn't even get any lines, and does list Chip by name).

This pilot was great.
I've asked Bill, Matt, and Peter on Facebook who played Denise. Hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

Oscarfan

Reaction score

This pilot was great.
It's not "Sanjay," it said "Satay." I have a feeling it's the Cynthia Rose puppet's actual name.

Robin is seen when Elizabeth Banks first appears.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The only bad thing I can think about, and I sort of suspected this from the trailers, is that Lips isn't in this, not at the meeting or with The Electric Mayhem (well maybe he was in another room). He's been used a fair bit in recent years, and it's been said that Steve Whitmire is now comfortable with giving him a voice, yet since figuring the character out he hasn't gotten any opportunities to let him talk.

Oh yeah, and the lack of Thog. He was rebuilt in 2011, yet his only appearances since have been in the last two movies (I'm sure he'll appear on the show at some point).

So yeah, my only complaints so far is "[insert certain obscure characters here] are not in it" and Denise not really doing much yet (maybe they're still trying to find a personality for her).

I had wondered if the "new Muppet show" mentioned in this pilot was the new show or the show-within-a-show, and while it's still not clear, I feel like they are referring to the real show as opposed to Late Night with Miss Piggy.