Kermit and Miss Piggy Officially Split!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Exactly, and again, you don't even need that explanation from Gonzo for it to be implied.
I never thought of it as Miss Piggy being behind it. I thought it was Gonzo being weird/thinking that the show needed a real minister to play a minister (even if Gonzo was supposed to play him).

Hmm, and until now, I never thought that maybe Miss Piggy told Gonzo to find a real minister. In the comic book adaptation, when Gonzo tells them, after the play, that it was a real minister, Piggy seems as surprised as Kermit (even if she nervously chuckled when Kermit pointed out to her that Gonzo was supposed to play the minister).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I never thought of it as Miss Piggy being behind it. I thought it was Gonzo being weird/thinking that the show needed a real minister to play a minister (even if Gonzo was supposed to play him).

Hmm, and until now, I never thought that maybe Miss Piggy told Gonzo to find a real minister. In the comic book adaptation, when Gonzo tells them, after the play, that it was a real minister, Piggy seems as surprised as Kermit (even if she nervously chuckled when Kermit pointed out to her that Gonzo was supposed to play the minister).
Ah I see. Well Piggy doesn't seem surprised in the film version. And you could argue she simply took advantage of the minister being there, hehe.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
You mean Muppet Show? The jokes about weight weren't too bad there because they were usually in retaliation for Piggy's diva attitude. All the characters had their quirks and got picked on and it was just a charmingly dysfunctional showbiz family. Plus you knew Piggy could give as good as she got. The weight jokes in the 90s and 2000s weren't executed quite the same way and made it seem like it was the gang vs. Piggy.
I would argue that in the Muppets didn't have the kind of continual pressence in the 90's and 2000's that they enjoyed in the Muppet Show days in order to make the jokes against her resonate in the same spirit of the early 80's. But yeah, it did come off as meaner. :mad::embarrassed:

Beth C

Reaction score
Ah I see. Well Piggy doesn't seem surprised in the film version. And you could argue she simply took advantage of the minister being there, hehe.
Yup, she did. And Kermit *knew* what having a real minister there would mean. That's why he hesitated and gulped.

But he said "I do." Then there is that kiss afterwards up by the moon...

Yeah he loves her. Deep down, he can't live without her. That's also why he was sad in the 2011 Muppets movie. He was alone in "their" house. He kept her picture covered because looking at it made him ache.

Ok.. Why were they apart in THAT movie?????

Drtooth

Reaction score
fan fiction brining Skeeter back and knock some sense into the pair of them :smile:
Why the heck is Skeeter so important to everyone? I think Roger and Amy did a great job on the character in comic form, and I doubt any of the writers past or present would have done anything but make her "girl Scooter."

Remember. The Muppet Canon is there is no canon. If there was, Gonzo would still be an alien. :eek: EEK! Thank Glob for that not happening.

So if anyone's still that incredibly offended by this, think of it this way. The break up is only intended for this TV show, stunt publicity or not. There's no way they're not going to wind up back together at some point in the series. Relax. They didn't give Kermit midichlorians here.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
fan fiction brining Skeeter back and knock some sense into the pair of them :smile:
I still have that Muppets Family Reunion comic book where Skeeter had a major role. That would have been a great idea for the next chapter.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I wonder how long the "break up" will last until they'e back together again? wanna make some bets?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Great, a publicity stunt, kind of nice, but really we already knew this, but here is what everyone else has to say. Well at least if more people watch then it is nice publicty, and will get more people tuning in to view.