What Sesame Street moments made you laugh?

Bridget

Reaction score
There are way too many classic moments that made me laugh to be honest. But all of the sketches with our favorite frog loosing his temper is a definite. I also found Dance Myself To Sleep pretty funny. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
In the episode where Baby Bear and Telly dread having to play with Zoe, the entire Tea Party segment.

David and Martin hamming it the heck up while their respective characters are in frumpy clothes was funny enough, then comes Baby Bear's line of (paraphrasing) "After dwinking all that tea, I pwedict we'll have to visit the wittle boy's woom," and a loud, anguished yelp from a frantically hopping in place Telly who suddenly runs off.

Considering they have actual mugs that say "Tea makes me Pee" (the counterpart to "Coffee makes me poop" of course), they really were on the ground floor on that one. Wish that would pop back up on YT.

BertsNose

Reaction score
Wow. This thread seems to have taken on a life of its own. Sorry I randomly poofed for a year. I forgot my login. Anyway, Doo Wop Hop was another favorite moment of mine. Thanks for the clip, Jazzy. I don't know if I liked it because it was funny or if I just liked the song.

Anyway, I thought of a few more skits that made me laugh. I don't know if there was ever a thread for favorite/most funny Ernie and Bert skits but I've noticed that pretty much all of them make me laugh.

-Kermit explaining beginning, middle, and end. I believe he had a cookbook and who should turn up but Cookie Monster. I thought it was funny when he said, "son of gun" while listening to Kermit talk about what recipes are in the beginning, middle, and end of the book.

-Kermit talking about Light and Dark but Grover comes in and ruins it by letting light into the house after Kermit tried to make it dark. I believe that was the first time Steve Whitmire took over as Kermit.

-Kermit explaining In and Out and getting trampled by the monsters. I honestly don't know why I found Kermit getting trampled so funny.

-Whenever Grover tries to sell something to Kermit he doesn't need like a nose warmer.

-Ernie singing the "Ding Along Song" because of the end where Bert makes the dingers go away then ends up singing the song.

-Ernie and Bert's rhyming game ("hey there lamp, that's a nice shade!")

-when Bert is sick and Ernie is trying to figure out who it is but doesn't realize its Bert.

-Ernie is supposed to be doing the laundry and he fills the laundry basket with all kinds of junk but didn't put any actual laundry in it.

cjd874

Reaction score
Wow. This thread seems to have taken on a life of its own. Sorry I randomly poofed for a year. I forgot my login. Anyway, Doo Wop Hop was another favorite moment of mine. Thanks for the clip, Jazzy. I don't know if I liked it because it was funny or if I just liked the song.

Anyway, I thought of a few more skits that made me laugh. I don't know if there was ever a thread for favorite/most funny Ernie and Bert skits but I've noticed that pretty much all of them make me laugh.

-Kermit explaining beginning, middle, and end. I believe he had a cookbook and who should turn up but Cookie Monster. I thought it was funny when he said, "son of gun" while listening to Kermit talk about what recipes are in the beginning, middle, and end of the book.

-Kermit talking about Light and Dark but Grover comes in and ruins it by letting light into the house after Kermit tried to make it dark. I believe that was the first time Steve Whitmire took over as Kermit.

-Kermit explaining In and Out and getting trampled by the monsters. I honestly don't know why I found Kermit getting trampled so funny.

-Whenever Grover tries to sell something to Kermit he doesn't need like a nose warmer.

-Ernie singing the "Ding Along Song" because of the end where Bert makes the dingers go away then ends up singing the song.

-Ernie and Bert's rhyming game ("hey there lamp, that's a nice shade!")

-when Bert is sick and Ernie is trying to figure out who it is but doesn't realize its Bert.

-Ernie is supposed to be doing the laundry and he fills the laundry basket with all kinds of junk but didn't put any actual laundry in it.
The common thing I see here are Jim Henson & Frank Oz characters (Kermit, Ernie, Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster). So I guess you really like them a lot!

One of my favorite SS sketches EVER is the one where Bert and Ernie go fishing. Ernie catches fish by shouting, "Heeeeeere FIHSY FISHY FISHY" at the top of his lungs, causing several large trout to leap into the boat. Bert is astonished and wants to try it out, but he fails on his first few attempts. After some advice from Ernie, he finally takes a deep breath, screams "HEEEERE FISHY FISHY FISHY!!!" and a shark jumps into the boat, scaring him out of his wits. Of course, Bert faints, and the shark shares a laugh with Ernie.

BertsNose

Reaction score
The common thing I see here are Jim Henson & Frank Oz characters (Kermit, Ernie, Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster). So I guess you really like them a lot!

One of my favorite SS sketches EVER is the one where Bert and Ernie go fishing. Ernie catches fish by shouting, "Heeeeeere FIHSY FISHY FISHY" at the top of his lungs, causing several large trout to leap into the boat. Bert is astonished and wants to try it out, but he fails on his first few attempts. After some advice from Ernie, he finally takes a deep breath, screams "HEEEERE FISHY FISHY FISHY!!!" and a shark jumps into the boat, scaring him out of his wits. Of course, Bert faints, and the shark shares a laugh with Ernie.
Yes, I love Jim Henson and Frank Oz characters a lot. Its not that I don't like the work of their replacements Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson. I think they do very well in trying to sound just like if not near perfect versions of Jim and Frank. I just miss Frank Oz and Jim Henson working together so much. I heard somewhere that Frank would perform his characters occasionally but I don't know if he still does.

I love the "Here FISHY FISHY FISHY!!!!" skit too. I forgot all about it. Thank you for making me laugh all over again.

cjd874

Reaction score
Yes, I love Jim Henson and Frank Oz characters a lot. Its not that I don't like the work of their replacements Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson. I think they do very well in trying to sound just like if not near perfect versions of Jim and Frank. I just miss Frank Oz and Jim Henson working together so much. I heard somewhere that Frank would perform his characters occasionally but I don't know if he still does.

I love the "Here FISHY FISHY FISHY!!!!" skit too. I forgot all about it. Thank you for making me laugh all over again.
Frank returns to Sesame Street for 3-5 days each year to shoot new inserts with Bert and Grover. He's also done some one-shot characters from time to time, including the Don Draper Muppet in the "Mad Men" spoof, Clucky Luciano in "Birdwalk Empire," Keith Heartburn in "Heaviest Catch," and Carson the Butler in the "Upside-Downton Abbey" sketch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That old cartoon about how "Fllllleas have fu-u-u-u-un in fu-u-u-u-uu--r!"