ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Looking at Denise again 5 hours later, I actually don't mind her design. I imagine it was difficult for the Muppet designers and builders to come up with a look for Denise that was attractive, but also not a cookie-cutter copy of Piggy. She needed to be a bit unique. I agree that the eyes aren't quite right, but a bit of reshaping could easily fix that.

Once again, the Internet has had a complete meltdown over this 'new girlfriend' thing. And once again, I am rolling my eyes. Everyone is encouraging Piggy to play the field, but Frog forbid that Kermit begin a new relationship with someone who won't push him around and let him have a say in how it develops. Can't he have that just once?

I'm going to come right out and say it. I am 100%, completely on Team Denise for the show. Sometimes change is just necessary. Whether it's for the story line, or Kermit's and Piggy's character development, I'm willing and ready to see it happen.

terrimonster

Reaction score
Performance could change a lot of my perception, but she doesn't look like a Muppet. She looks like a pig figurine. The eye-nose triangle is all off so it doesn't appear that she's looking anywhere in particular.

But the more I look at it the more I'm okay with the rest of her. It's just the eyes. Her snout is a little small, which is jarring at first, but that could be a plastic surgery joke or something. But those eyes ....

I think I was thrown off at first because they made a puppet that looks like Spamela but doesn't look like Spamela. I guess they wanted to make her look enough like the puppet used in the pitch reel that people would know who she is.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Once again, the Internet has had a complete meltdown over this 'new girlfriend' thing. And once again, I am rolling my eyes. Everyone is encouraging Piggy to play the field, but Frog forbid that Kermit begin a new relationship with someone who won't push him around and let him have a say in how it develops. Can't he have that just once?

I'm going to come right out and say it. I am 100%, completely on Team Denise for the show. Sometimes change is just necessary. Whether it's for the story line, or Kermit's and Piggy's character development, I'm willing and ready to see it happen.
As shocking at it is that it happened, publicity stunt or not, it happened. I'm actually really interested how this all plays out in the show; I wouldn't say I'm happy about it, but I'm certainly not sad either. I'm just very curious what changes this will make, outside of Kermit and Piggy.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
So now that the show is basically 2 weeks away, I wonder if Disney has any plans for them to go on Jimmy Fallon or Jimmy Kimmel to promote the show like when a new movie came out.

Jedi Kitty

Reaction score
I actually think Denise is a beautiful looking pig.. Guess I'm pretty much alone over here with that opinion ! :big_grin:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I actually think Denise is a beautiful looking pig.. Guess I'm pretty much alone over here with that opinion ! :big_grin:
No, you're certainly not! I've come to really liking her look. Her eyes need a slight adjustment, but other than that she's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.