ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
SPOILERS AHEAD

http://www.toughpigs.com/josh-groban/

http://www.etonline.com/news/171433...s_piggy_new_boyfriend_and_kermit_set_them_up/

Looks like Kermit is going to try and set Josh Groban and Miss Piggy up in episode 2 of The Muppets.

Also here is some new info on the show from the Steve Whitmire panel at Dragon-Con:

Link: http://www.toughpigs.com/dragoncon-2015/

• Debbie said they felt they had made enough headway with the two new films that it was time to create a show that would act as “the mother ship”
  • They showed a sizzle reel of the pilot and some of the promos that had already been on air.
  • They are still planning to do viral videos and other projects, maybe even tying some of the viral videos to the actual show.
  • We were present for the world premiere of the “Flowers on the Wall” music video before it released online. The video was Steve’s idea because he was always curious about Beaker’s personal life. “He has a strange cult following online, which is a lot of fun,” he laughed.
  • The new show has the biggest set that they have ever worked on, everything is connected so it makes the Muppeteers feel like they are actually on location.
  • Uncle Deadly is back in a big way: He is playing Miss Piggy’s stylist and dresser and spending a lot of time with her.
  • Steve and Kermit filmed a little piece about Dragon Con with the audience which may end up on Twitter (fingers crossed).
  • Alice Cooper and Steve Whitmire hung out in Steve’s dressing room once during a TV appearance on the same show and watched The Andy Griffith Show together. They both discussed their love for the show.
  • Kermit on Denise: “It’s a private matter, although we are all over the internet right now.”
  • They are working on filming episode 4 and reading episode 5.
  • They’re filming with Reese Witherspoon next week.
  • Steve spoke about the return of Lips and the Muppets’ future at the Disney theme parks in the two videos below:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um, did Fozzie's balls drop or something? Why is his voice suddenly like two octaves lower?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was a promo bumper on TV where somebody demands he bring her green juice.

Muppy

Reaction score
I don't think Fozzie's voice is much lower than normal if at all. It sounds the same to me.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Like the idea of Uncle Deadly getting some screen time as Piggy's assistant/stylist. I can imagine all sorts of snide remarks in cutaways from him now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wanted to comment on something "spoilery", and tried to put the spoiler in white, but when I clicked "post reply", the spoiler wasn't hidden. Tried again in editing, couldn't get it to work, so I deleted that post.

So... That character has a daughter? Though the line comes after mentioning a celebrity guest, mentioning that the character "sells cookies for his daughter's girl scout troop", the "his" could be referring to that celebrity.

Muppy

Reaction score
So... That character has a daughter? Though the line comes after mentioning a celebrity guest, mentioning that the character "sells cookies for his daughter's girl scout troop", the "his" could be referring to that celebrity.
I'm hoping its that the character has a daughter to be honest. I'm already finding this episode funny and it hasn't aired yet. And I would REALLY hope that they could make some call back to a certain guest star from a muppets tonight episode where that character had a crush on her. Trying to not spoil things is hard lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.