ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After watching some of the sneek peeks, I feel like it'd be great if every cold open took place during a meeting (or, if there's no cold open, then start with the Muppets having a meeting).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
This has seriously gone to far, I got so mad at these uneducated idiots that I even reported the moms article for having illegitimate reasons for trying to take down a show. Don't watch it if you do not like it, do not go spoiling other people's times, seriously. But on the bright side, it has gotten good reviews on rotten tomatoes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the-muppets/s01/

Only 3 rotten reviews on the site.

Muppy

Reaction score

charlietheowl

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
One Million Moms is essentially a hate group consisting of waaaaaaaaay less than one million of anything, and definitely not Moms. I'd turn this into a rant, normally, about how they're a group of homophobic theocrats spreading their own brand of Sharia Law (or as it's known "Family Values"), but even here they're dumber and angrier at nothing than usual.

Watching TV last night, I saw 2 promos for The Muppets. Something I'd not have brought up without the contrast. One promo aired on The Disney Channel during their hour long XD block, the other on [adult swim]. Essentially they want the nostalgic viewers in, but it looks like they want their kids in on it too. I don't see this being less wholesome than The Simpsons. And like I said before, there's a show that's semi-adult and tackles adult themes yet they market the show's merchandising to kids who watch because of Bart and Lisa. That show plays the field of both adult and kid entertainment. Episodes focused on the students are actually pretty kid friendly. If TM was going for anything post cancellation Family Guy (you know, the show where the episode where Lois gets an abortion is considered tasteless, but a baby can impregnate itself with a dog and it's perfectly reasonable to air) level, I'd agree. But Disney's not stupid. This show is going to have nothing other sitcoms on the network won't have. Even in the promos, the most objective thing is very mild cussing. You hear worse at home if someone steps on a nail.

Betchya One Not Million Not Moms (remember, this is the same group that had a hissy fit over Archie's gay friend) has no problem with Last Man Standing though. And that's far more damaging for kid to see. Adults even.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Betchya One Not Million Not Moms (remember, this is the same group that had a hissy fit over Archie's gay friend) has no problem with Last Man Standing though. And that's far more damaging for kid to see. Adults even.
Bet they turned a blind eye to Honey Boo Boo and the Kardashians, too.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Can't we focus on the new Muppet Show here and forget about the political rants and sidetracks of various groups? (Seven of the last 8 posts have been about 1MM) There's so much to be excited about with the new show I'll concentrate my efforts there!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.