ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bet they turned a blind eye to Honey Boo Boo and the Kardashians, too.
I fail to see why the coerced backstabbing and disgusting sensationalism of reality programming never registers on the "smut" level, yet fictitious material always bares the brunt.

The obvious can be said, the whole Muppets are all Sesame Street bit. And as we all know, there were plenty of adult nods in the original series. Again, that opening segment in the Raquel Welch episode. But we've talked about this already. Some of the audience is going to be annoyed that this is some baby project and the other parts will be annoyed that it isn't. Hopefully they won't make up too much of the ratings.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
There have been so many bad reviews, seriously I have not seen a single review praising it, the best I have seen is that it is flawed but okay, though I obviously do not trust the reviews.

Muppy

Reaction score
There have been so many bad reviews, seriously I have not seen a single review praising it, the best I have seen is that it is flawed but okay, though I obviously do not trust the reviews.
Same with me! I haven't seen a single positive review yet. But a lot of the negative things reviewers say is what I want to see. Someone said something like Kermit shouldn't have the troubles of running a show but that's EXACTLY what I want to see. I don't know if people just don't know what to expect or just don't know Muppets in general but maybe they should wait a few episodes before dissing the show.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's been a couple of positive reviews of it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sure reviews mean somthing in todays Hollywood, but let the number of viewers speak what America thinks on the 22nd.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Really i think we are worrying abit to much sbout these early reviews.

On another note I really feel like this is the kind of show Jim always wanted. One that would be for adults,but kids would enjoy it as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Didn't the pilot get rave reviews?

Sometimes you just gotta wonder. This sounds like another MMW situation where the reviewers are only barely familiar with the concept, want something nostalgic that wasn't really there in the first place, or something else idiotic. If this is the same situation as last time, and it's like "SWEET! The Muppets are back on TV. UGH! No one said it was regularly!" the general public is quite welcome to it's tedious, repetitive NCIS shows opposite it.

Status
Not open for further replies.