Speculations for ABC's The Muppets

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
I want a cut-away with Lips and just as he's about to say something Zoot chimes in says something like " Man, don't you ever shut up!"
Ahaha! Yes omg from what I heard from tough pigs the episodes so far are amazing!! And Zoot has got some funny lines

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
So guys according to entertainment weekly I think Sam is going to have a crush on Janice. Believe it? what are your thoughts? Do you think Floyd and Janice are still together?

Muppy

Reaction score

Yorick

Reaction score
I like that the Muppets will be on TV again. And I hope it's true to the characters, and it wins me over as a fan.

However, though I am happy for Dave, Steve, and the others to be back in action on TV, the previews I've seen and articles I've read sure seem like the writers are changing them, and deciding to make them (so called) "edgy" which, let's face it, usually just means crass, (and dumbed down) as opposed to the adult things that were included intelligently in The Muppet Show, which the whole family could watch it together.

And this is before I even mention that we know it's like The Office (Spoof? Both are comedies) instead of the Muppets being the Muppets. And the name of the show? As bland as the 2011 film's name. It's a shame. Hey, it may last many seasons (it sounds like a show that would be popular today - with the Muppets shoehorned into it) but I just hope somehow the Muppets can still be the Muppets in this thing.

A quote about this show I read in a magazine tries to convince the reader that this is the real them, and all we've seen prior was just acting, and that those were just paychecks to the characters, and that this show reveals the real them. Well, this reader isn't buying it. The Muppet Show had behind the scenes moments to show the real them. And Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, Jerry Nelson, and Frank Oz, were there. All the stuff they were involved in (together with Dave and Steve and the others) is the real thing. Case closed.

I didn't see this new show yet, as it starts tomorrow. That means, as of this moment, the only show, special or movie starring The Muppets that I haven't been so thrilled with is the 2011 self titled film - but even that had it's moments. And I think Muppets Most Wanted is a true return to form! I love it! But this new self titled show seems like it may not be something Jerry Juhl and other classic Muppet writers would appreciate (though I know I can't speak for anyone, whether they are still with us or not). I'm afraid this show won't be inspired by Jerry's vision of a Muppets script. :frown:

But (as stated at the top of this post) I hope I will eat my words, and love this new show. And I hope all fans of the classic era(s) do too. We shall see.

muppetperson

Reaction score
What Muppet Prime time TV series am I missing to make "The Muppets" the forth? "The Muppet Show", "Muppets Tonight", .......?
Could it be "Le Muppets" or "Jim Henson Hour" ?

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I am not sure if this has been said yet, but I find it kind of odd that EVERY episode contains a subplot revolving around Fozzie. First, he and his girlfriend. Second, he and Jay Leno. Third, him leaving the show to become a writer. Fourth, we have him and Statler. Next week, he and his girlfriend hit a rough patch. I have nothing against it, but it just seems that a majority of the time, Fozzie is away from the core cast and doing something that requires a second storyline. Just odd, in my opinion.