The Muppets Episode 1 - Pig Girls Don't Cry (Pilot)

What did you think of "The Muppets" series premiere "Pig Girls Don't Cry"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
OH NO. Kermit said "H3ll"!!!!!! My childhood is over! Muppets can't say that word! All they can say is "Mahna Mahna" over and over til the end of times!
Yeah. That's pretty much what Sam the Eagle said.

Though the Muppets did sing "It's Hard to be Humble" and the word was used in that song.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Not to mention Long John Silver dropped it in MTI, which could easily be forgiven since he was, well, a pirate.
Plus, ABC dropped his use of that word when they aired the movie. Hard to believe this is the same network that left the word intact. Lol.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I thought it was a good start. I chuckled a lot, but didn't laugh out loud hysterically yet. I don't want to sit here and compare it to the original Muppet Show, because it's not, and it's unfair to the hard work everyone put in for this and the past two films to keep the franchise alive. I think it shows definite promise. I enjoyed seeing the rats back, Rizzo included, a lot of the side characters like Uncle Deadly, and the various monsters. I thought the writing and jokes were pretty good, I thought the scenes with Fozzie and his girlfriend's family were the strongest of the whole episode.

I thought actually the weakest part was the guest stars. I still honestly am not familiar with Elizabeth Banks nor consider her a "big star" and Tom Bergeron to me is the guy who took over for Bob Saget on "America's Funniest Home Videos". I know he's an ABC guy now for Dancing with the Stars so it made sense to include him. I am looking forward to seeing the direction the show goes. I thought the film The Muppets was promising and Muppets Most Wanted was hilarious so I'm hoping the same thing happens to me watching this show and each week just improves.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And Happiness Hotel...
Yes, I mentioned that already.
Plus, ABC dropped his use of that word when they aired the movie. Hard to believe this is the same network that left the word intact. Lol.
Yeah, but MTI is a kids movie (as lampshaded when Rizzo commented on Billy Bones dying), whereas THE MUPPETS (2015) is an adult show.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I am glad the ratings were so high! Hopefully they can maintain that, though I doubt it with all those bad reviews out there. RottenTomatoes is down to a 60% for critics, but up to a 75% for audience ratings! Nonetheless, congrats to everyone involved!
It's only when the execs start panicking like crazy over the ratings not being as high for subsequent episodes that there should be a cause for concern.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Hey can we have a moment in the show where kermit DOES the arm waving hysterical thing? I always enjoyed it when he does that. I found it cute and funny how excited he'd get about stuff.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Up to 62% on Rotten Tomatoes, with 76% positive audience review

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As for the celebrity guest stars in this episode.... Could be wrong about this, but the name Elizabeth Banks immediately equals the character Jesse Spanno which she portrayed in the iconic series Saved By The Bell. Yes? No? *Shrugs. :shifty:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's only when the execs start panicking like crazy over the ratings not being as high for subsequent episodes that there should be a cause for concern.
This is true. Unlike the old days where it was more common to wait until the entire season is finished and look at the numbers then that would determine whether or not it did well enough to be renewed for another season . . . or in some cases, even the summer repeats: M*A*S*H flopped in its first season because nobody watched, but during the summer reruns, people caught on and it became successful enough to be renewed; likewise this happened to THE ODD COUPLE (Tony Randall and Jack Klugman): they were canceled every season, then uncanceled after ever summer repeat.

Today, however, if networks feel people aren't watching a show after, like, two episodes, they'll go ahead and yank it.