The Muppets Episode 1 - Pig Girls Don't Cry (Pilot)

What did you think of "The Muppets" series premiere "Pig Girls Don't Cry"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I loved it with Star Wars Rebels so if they gave the option to watch the Muppets a week ahead I would do it in a heart beat, plus Disney XD and ABC are affiliates....
I have done Private Research on how ratings work in the modern world of Technology and yes the Networks do take a serious look at what people are watching On-Demand and Streaming On-Demand and Online and what people are DVRing, the old system of Nielson Ratings are outdated they basically used to mostly guesstimate what most Americans watch and a shows chances of survival hinged on what they thought most Americans were watching, a very small number of people took part in the Nielson survey. so with On-Demand,Streaming Online and DVR systems things changed in the Industry, basically if you watch TV on-demand or online, or use a DVR system, they are monitoring what you are watching.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I got a friend to watch the show a day late. she looked it up online to watch. She didn't want to watch it unless I gave it a favorable review. She really enjoyed it so we got another person ready and willing to see it. :big_grin:

I wonder if Robin will appear on the show? I'd like to see Kermit's adorable little nephew again. Maybe he can sing something too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
People have criticized me for not liking swearing and things like that, but it's good that some people here are sort of in agreement with me on this.
If it makes you feel any better, people have criticized me for not liking gratuitous sexual content in today's modern entertainment, and in fact, I have been told that I'm a "repressed and uncultured *******" for it. I had no idea sexual content was so refined and cultured.
I'm still waiting for the premiere of "Fuller House" if I can find some way to watch it without access to Netflix. I hear that may be aimed more towards adults than the original show, but hopefully they'll try to keep that one clean. We'll see.
I wouldn't count on it. One of the many soaps that ABC axed eventually got renewed by Netflix, and I remember the cast and crew were all giddy about it, because, "Yayz! We on da internets now! We don't haf 2 censor ourselves no mor! We can say what we want and show all da sex we want and we won't get n trubel 4 it!" That's why people on the internet tend to go more hogwild with their content. because they don't have to worry about censoring themselves, even though the FCC doesn't even monitor content on TV anymore, they leave it up to the individual outlets.
Goodness I just noticed you have 30,000 posts. I just got a note congratulating me on my 30th. (I have a lot of work to do).
I've been here for over ten years. :wink:

I love puppets

Reaction score
At first I really liked it, but then I saw the Muppet Movie right after it and realized that the Muppets lost their magic. They are too mean and snarky. It feels too forced.

C to the J

Reaction score
Pooh-pooh to the TV-14-rated shows that rely on crude, clichéd phrases and actions. Whatever they have going to maintain the balance between kids and adults is something I definitely look for in a TV-PG rated show. I wasn't put off by anything in particular, although occasional references to God are used. Apart from AFV, It's pretty much the only evening show on ABC I would watch this time around.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I like it ! I watched one version of the pilot on you tube, and the aired pilot on abc.com both were funny. at first I thought that the new format was not going to work , but it looks like it's working out. did anyone notice that someone else is playing fozzie's girlfriend ? and not the person who played her in the unaired pilot?

scooterfan360

Reaction score
you thought I was harsh on my thoughts when I first heard about the new format, go to the Muppets facebook page and read the thoughts of those people.