The Muppets Episode 1 - Pig Girls Don't Cry (Pilot)

What did you think of "The Muppets" series premiere "Pig Girls Don't Cry"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Just to clear things up before I end up getting lumped, I'm not conservative, and admittedly, my opinion on gratuitous sexual content in entertainment today isn't really related to being a Christian, I just feel that in general entertainment today relies way too heavily on the notion that sex sells, and I'm tired of it. Like has been pointed out by others in this thread, it is possible to have a funny show or movie without relying on all that, but apparently you can't in this day and age.
Yeah. That's kind of how I feel about swearing. That's why I stopped watching Top Model this season, because in about every episode they focus on dirty phrases like 'bad ***' or 'pi**ed off' which they keep repeating over and over again. Heck, I didn't like Penn Jillete's constant use of the phrase 'You magnificent (word that rhymes with mustard)' on his show the other night. (Maybe it's more a CW thing than anything, but that's another story.) Seems like shows have to rely on garbage like excessive swearing or excessive sexual content to generate an audience. Aside from The Muppets, it might be time I stopped watching TV altogether.
:smile::embarrassed::concern: It might be time I stopped watching TV.

There's an old SST clip on YT, and I remember seeing in the comments section people flipping out because of the cigar boxes in Hooper's Store: "OMG! Mr. Hooper sold cigars! How could he!?"
Now I don't have an issue with that one. The cigar box was a classic point of the subplot on "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street." Plus it was stated that the cigar box was empty. Lol.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
The movie didn't have any scenes inside a Doc Hopper restaurant. There was the scene where one was under construction, and we saw a commercial, but that's all we saw of his actual restaurants. The restaurants were the El Sleazo Cafe (where Fozzie made a "drinks on the house" gag) The Terrace Restaurant (which wasn't referred to by name in the actual film, but Kermit did order champage, and the audio version of "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along" had Kermit ask for a grasshopper).
regardless they were in a restaurant at some point in the movie and On my LG 42 Inch HD TV it looked like several patrons in the restaurant had beer and my point Is What would people say if they showed Alcohol consumption and Smoking as another poster pointed out but we can't have Cursing and Adult humor on The muppets, you cant have your cake and eat it to you know, what makes one right and the other wrong?

Muppy

Reaction score
Off topic from the past few messages, but I was wondering if whoever is in charge of making the "Your Thoughts on Thread" could make the thread a day early (Monday) so us Canadian viewers have a place to discuss the episode with out having to worry about Spoiling the episode for someone else. Thanks?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Off topic from the past few messages, but I was wondering if whoever is in charge of making the "Your Thoughts on Thread" could make the thread a day early (Monday) so us Canadian viewers have a place to discuss the episode with out having to worry about Spoiling the episode for someone else. Thanks?
There was a spoiler thread somewhere.

Muppy

Reaction score
There was a spoiler thread somewhere.
LOL are you talking about the one I keep mentioning but nobody seems to post in? But I mean like an official thread like this one. Just to keep everything in one place.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
regardless they were in a restaurant at some point in the movie and On my LG 42 Inch HD TV it looked like several patrons in the restaurant had beer and my point Is What would people say if they showed Alcohol consumption and Smoking as another poster pointed out but we can't have Cursing and Adult humor on The muppets, you cant have your cake and eat it to you know, what makes one right and the other wrong?
Yeah, I think you and Dwayne are on the same page with your line of thinking about Henson never wanting the Muppets to be aimed at kids from the get go. I think people often consider "Sesame Street" and "The Muppets" in the same light, but the target audience is different. Seems as if people often forget that. So I don't disagree with you. But mainly what Snowth and I have been talking about is the fact that there's a difference between having adult humor and pushing it too far if you see what I mean.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I will say this. I and a lot of people are aware that Muppets were not intended toward kids but let's just consider this. How vulgar was The Muppet Show or even the Muppet films that came afterward? I mena he could have made those muppet films really really mature themed because at the time they came out there were adult films wiht lots of profanity and sexual stuff but he didn't. So I am going to assume while he geared muppets TOWARD adults he also wnated KIDS to be able to enjoy it as well.
*shrug* This is just my opinion.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I mena he could have made those muppet films really really mature themed because at the time they came out there were adult films wiht lots of profanity and sexual stuff but he didn't. So I am going to assume while he geared muppets TOWARD adults he also wnated KIDS to be able to enjoy it as well.
And there was an interview where he said that he didn't want to make a PG-rated Muppet film. I wonder if he would feel the same way if he were alive when the last two movies were made.