The Muppets Episode 1 - Pig Girls Don't Cry (Pilot)

What did you think of "The Muppets" series premiere "Pig Girls Don't Cry"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
You know what I find odd? Everybody's complaining about the Muppets being "too mean" and "too snarky" with each other . . . but this is exactly what Frank Oz has been saying the Muppets have been missing all these years: conflict. At the risk of sounding like Drtooth, I guess what they say is true: you can't please everybody; no matter what they do, some people are going to find reasons to complain. First, the Muppets were "too cute" and "too sweet;" now they're "too mean" and "too snarky."

Of course, as I've said before: if Disney would bring in people who know how to write for the Muppets and not people from other snarky sitcoms to try to write for the Muppets, maybe the characters would seem more like themselves?
Wouldn't it be great if they brought Jim Lewis, Kirk Thatcher, and Craig Shemin in to write with the current writers?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if they brought Jim Lewis, Kirk Thatcher, and Craig Shemin in to write with the current writers?
As I said too, now that Joey Mazzarino left SST, he could return to writing and performing with the Classic Muppets as well.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Because it's not as if Bill Prady hasn't had any previous writing experience for the Muppets...

OH, except everything mentioned on this page.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Thanks!

As for voices I thought everyone sounded great. I am still getting use to Scooter and Janice, but I thought everyone sounded fine
Yeah. Dave's good with Janice's 'fer sure's,' but the voice just doesn't sound quite like Richards. Heck, his sounds a bit more like Erin Ozner. Oh, well. He hasn't been doing the characters for very long. He should get better with time. After all, Steve's Kermit was kind of weak as well when he first started and look how good he's gotten over the years.

As I said too, now that Joey Mazzarino left SST, he could return to writing and performing with the Classic Muppets as well.
Well, if we're going that route, maybe it's possible that Kevin could return to classic Muppets as well. That way we'd see some of his characters such as Clifford and Polly Lobster. Just some food for thought.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Because it's not as if Bill Prady hasn't had any previous writing experience for the Muppets...

OH, except everything mentioned on this page.
Yes, I know he has previous experience, but that doesn't mean he fully understands the characters. Though I think he does, but it'd still be cool if he had other writers on. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but Jim Lewis and the other people I mentioned have had more writing experiences with the Muppets. I'm not saying Bill can't make a good show, but other writers may make it even better.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well it was just the first show..... Give the writing time.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Well it was just the first show..... Give the writing time.
I thought the writing was good. I'm just saying that it would be cool if they added other writers since the person I replied to said " Of course, as I've said before: if Disney would bring in people who know how to write for the Muppets and not people from other snarky sitcoms to try to write for the Muppets, maybe the characters would seem more like themselves?". I guess it would be kind of unnecessary if they did now that I think of it.

Last edited:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
i wonder if annie sue will show up again? you know piggy's understudy? She was pretty cute.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
we get it! You don't have to hit us over the head with it! Nobody is arguing the fact!
although nobody is arguing that the Original Muppet Show wasn't edgy like this new Muppet incarnation, many on here are saying the Original Muppet Show didn't go to far but based on this Muppets Show episode that was posted a page back they went just as far with the Muppet Show as they went with the new show.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Can someone please give me one example of one of the Muppets being out of character. Because I watched it twice and really did not see it.