The Muppets Episode 1 - Pig Girls Don't Cry (Pilot)

What did you think of "The Muppets" series premiere "Pig Girls Don't Cry"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Been watching the show on ABC.com quite a bit, but today for the first time, I paused it to see something... And when paused, ABC.com replaces the image with a promotional shot. How dare they? Not sure if Hulu allows for pausing to see still images.

Something that took me awhile to notice, but it seems like most of the characters who wear clothes go through multiple outfits. The Swedish Chef, Bunsen, Beaker, Statler, Waldorf, and Uncle Deadly all wear the same outfits throughout the episode, but everyone else wears at least two outfits during the course of this. And none of these wardrobe changes are plot-relevant, either. I know Miss Piggy has normally worn different outfits in every appearance for years, and quite a few characters have had their regular attire changed over the years.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Something that took me awhile to notice, but it seems like most of the characters who wear clothes go through multiple outfits.
That is a compliment I can give, the Muppets' outfits are lovely (really like Fozzie's tie) and also my friend pointed out the puppetry syncing seemed really polished. The camera work was creative. My issues with this film had nothing to do with how it looked. It looked fine.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's really a question of execution. Raquel Welch telling Fozzie the bear is sexy is a charming moment because it gave him confidence. That is very adult, in a good way. Fozzie being the clueless sap with a future father in law is bad sitcom writing and also just a downer. The character is to be laughed at, not with. I don't know where so many writers lately have gotten the idea that Fozzie's role is to Jar Jar a production. :stick_out_tongue:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
hey at least jar jar doesn't have a girlfriend with predigest parents who act like they found dog poop in their mailbox.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Raunchy adult humor for the 70's. Remember that what you could do and say on TV back then was a lot different than now.
not so take a look at the youtube video of the muppet show that was posted a few pages back....

Bridget

Reaction score
In the beginning I was afraid it was going to be different- but it was. A beautiful, refreshing different. After years and attempts of trying to get it right, they finally got it perfectly imperfect, (which means five stars in Muppet language) The humor was good, the look was good, the personalities were on point, and the dialouge was outstanding! I think that this is going to be a very good show, and it definitely shows that they put in great effort to make this happen- so kudos to them! I can rightfully say, The Muppets have found themselves home! :smile:

PS: I laughed so hard when Scooter got pushed off the golf cart by Elizabeth Banks. XD