The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Hostile Makeover"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. The "Legally Happy now" joke seemed like it was shoehorned in the episode when it flowed more naturally in the pre-pilot pitch. Not to mention the trailer joke decay.

I'm surprised no one made a big deal about Lips. With all this "where's Lips?" "why is there no Lips in the band?" "why isn't the show called 'Lips is in the Muppets?'" after all, you'd think more of the fans would have freaked the beak out that he actually appeared and got a line in.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. The "Legally Happy now" joke seemed like it was shoehorned in the episode when it flowed more naturally in the pre-pilot pitch. Not to mention the trailer joke decay.

I'm surprised no one made a big deal about Lips. With all this "where's Lips?" "why is there no Lips in the band?" "why isn't the show called 'Lips is in the Muppets?'" after all, you'd think more of the fans would have freaked the beak out that he actually appeared and got a line in.

Lips is back with the Muppets? And he spoke an actual line in this episode?
You wouldn't have known it from reading the reactions of everyone who's posted in this thread in the previous three pages. *Insert sarcasm Muppet smilie.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Well I didn't know he had a line because it must have been something that happened real fast and I wasn't paying enough attention. I'm surprised Leah's noty on this thread having a fangirl spazz about it... come to think of it. where IS leah? I haven't seen her around the forum lately. Is she okay?

wait a minute... the band is on MEDICATION?! o_o NUUUUUUUUU I don't want teeth to be a disease riddled old codger. :frown:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
wait a minute... the band is on MEDICATION?! o_o NUUUUUUUUU I don't want teeth to be a disease riddled old codger. :frown:
That doesn't entirely bother me, but for a weird reason. One time I had a dream that my Dad was upset about arthritis in the hand and Dr. Teeth (stay with me here) encouraged him that there was still hope, lol.

beaker

Reaction score
I was absolutely blown away by this episode, and thought it was miles better than both the pilot and test pilot. I was actually laughing this time, and just being in awe of the densely packed craft of every scene. So much is going on in the background you need to watch it a couple times to really enjoy all the antics.

Loved how utterly prominent Big Carl and Uncle Deadly is, LOVED how the Muppets wear different clothes every day like actual people. The colors of the Muppets and their adorable real world clothes really pop against the drab white and grey of their office. Love the fact they got rid of all the 70s clothes many were still sporting til now. Loved that Fishburne cameo. Loved how much Gonzo/Rizzo/Pepe/Yolanda there is. First time we have a Muppet show with more female leads than just Piggy. (Yolanda and Denise, and Im hoping more)

And Scooter...Scooter is too perfect! Who knew he'd end up becoming one of the main 5 next to Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo? The Newsman/Bobo cookie rivalry was too perfect...Newman in different suits! Aww, I am in total disbelief and awe at how much Im loving this

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I guess I am in the minority this time around when it comes to this episode. I did not really enjoy it aside from kermit's antics and bobo's subplot. I thought the episode was worse than the episode from last week for reasons I named previously. and YES I know this is aimed more toward adults but I have this ache in my heart at how some of the "humor" is being done. :frown: and I am not watching this show through some weird lense or whatever yo're going to claim I just don't LIKE some stuff. Like I said some of the humor just feels like something middle school boys would do to be "edgy". It's just annoying. I mean is it wrong to want the muppets to hold some kind of STANDARDS?!
Wasn't that the whole point of "The Muppet Movie" to prove muppets were relevant and didn't need to change into some kind of raunchy shells of themselves?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Like I said some of the humor just feels like something middle school boys would do to be "edgy".
Certainly with the band it's like the writers watched an episode of Robot Chicken and thought "OK that works, Page 1 is done!"

Wasn't that the whole point of "The Muppet Movie" to prove muppets were relevant and didn't need to change into some kind of raunchy shells of themselves?
Indeed and that's oddly been the vibe of a lot of more recent Muppet projects. Like suddenly sentimentality isn't cool. And then other times they go too far in the other direction where it's all wholesome and bland.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I mean is it wrong to want the muppets to hold some kind of STANDARDS?!
I wanted to quote this specifically. You're absolutely right. The vibe of The Muppet Movie is the gang uncompromising their way to success. This new show's vibe feels like, "Hey, we all think this is stupid, cause we're hip and edgy and sentimentality is lame!" Remember that alternate universe in VMX? I think this is the real one, lol.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
and I am aware muppets weren't always hoopdy doopdy "we are wholesome as whole wheat toast! happy happy day!" I've seen the muppet show they can be mean to each other on there and be very snarky *cough floyd pepper* but they also showed they cared and there were heartwarming moments that proved even if they snark with each other they appreciate each other even miss piggy. She's a diva, vain and has a bad temper but she does CARE.