The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Hostile Makeover"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
heralde you make a lot of good points and you're right on too. Just because TMS messed things a few times (NOBODY is claiming the show was perfect) doesn't mean they should be allowed to get away with 'jokes' like that.
Besides I remember dr. tooth bringing up south park and what they do. South park tends to WANT to be offensive in stuff they do. That show IS offensive. The muppet show I believe wasn't doing anything like that INTENTIONALLY to offend people, it was done in a non offensive way.
Are you going to complain about THIS too?
Or do they egt a pass with this because the vikings were WHITE?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
heralde you make a lot of good points and you're right on too. Just because TMS messed things a few times (NOBODY is claiming the show was perfect) doesn't mean they should be allowed to get away with 'jokes' like that.
Besides I remember dr. tooth bringing up south park and what they do. South park tends to WANT to be offensive in stuff they do. That show IS offensive. The muppet show I believe wasn't doing anything like that INTENTIONALLY to offend people, it was done in a non offensive way.
Are you going to complain about THIS too?
Or do they egt a pass with this because the vikings were WHITE?
Oh! I love that skit! If anyone would find that offensive then they are to sensitive and need to be wearing diapers! I mean come on I always thought that one of the under liying messages of the muppets where that we all maybe different on the outside but on the inside we are all the same.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The vikings were pigs.
Yea how dare you sully the pig race by calling them Vikings!

Lol really?? Is this something to get our feathers all ruffled?
Trying to be politically correct has become such a farce that people can't state how they feel or what they believe anymore without upsetting someone. People today are to sensitive, and need to grow up. Now don't get me wrong, there are some cases of racial hatered that is beyond bad, but come on we are talking about a television show here. You don't have to watch it if it offends you.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yea how dare you sully the pig race by calling them Vikings!

Lol really?? Is this something to get our feathers all ruffled?
Trying to be politically correct has become such a farce that people can't state how they feel or what they believe anymore without upsetting someone. People today are to sensitive, and need to grow up. Now don't get me wrong, there are some cases of racial hatered that is beyond bad, but come on we are talking about a television show here. You don't have to watch it if it offends you.
But the problem isn't the fact that it may offend some people, it's the fact that stereotypes in the media can be quite damaging to the people that are being stereotyped. Television and movies have a profound impact on shaping peoples' beliefs and opinions on the world and other people. Not to mention the fact that stereotypes can even end up damaging a person's perception of themselves. Stereotypes are a major reason that some people are treated differently(and often times quite poorly) than others.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I talked to Mike Quinn on Facebook the other day and he said he meets with Jim Lewis on a monthly bases.
Okay. I don't know who either of those guys are and I probably should being a Muppet fan and all. Lol.

Muppy

Reaction score
*Pops head into business that isn't mine for a second* I think everyone here is going a little over board and looking for offensive stuff in things that aren't even offensive in the first place. You can find something offensive in everything if you look hard enough. Also the videos you guys are posting are from the 70's/80's when things tended to be a little more sterotype-y and offensive but they didn't know better because that's just how people were portrayed.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Okay. I don't know who either of those guys are and I probably should being a Muppet fan and all. Lol.
Mike Quinn is a Muppet performer who has been with the Muppets since the Muppet Show days. He mostly dose background and right hands and other stuff.
Jim Lewis is a Muppet writer who has worked with the Muppets quite a bit. He even had a thread on here where he would answer fans questions.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
But the problem isn't the fact that it may offend some people, it's the fact that stereotypes in the media can be quite damaging to the people that are being stereotyped. Television and movies have a profound impact on shaping peoples' beliefs and opinions on the world and other people. Not to mention the fact that stereotypes can even end up damaging a person's perception of themselves. Stereotypes are a major reason that some people are treated differently(and often times quite poorly) than others.
And there lies the major problem. People can't think for themselves anymore. They rely to heavily on the media to do there thinking for them. Instead of forming there own thoughts and ideas on there own. God help us if TV and Movies suddenly stopped no one would no how to think for themselves.