The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Hostile Makeover"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
hey if anyone sees the muppets tomorrow night please don't spoil things for the rest of us. I'm actually looking forward to the next episode, despite my complaints with this one.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm going to say something I was told not to, but when talks of Muppets Most Wanted started brewing. Jim Lewis and Frank Oz where working on a movie script together. However Disney passed and went with Most Wanted.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Does anyone else find Kermit's facial expressions seem over done? It's as if they are happening too often.

I'm enjoying the show, I wish I could say that I love it but I'm not there yet. Piggy's extreme mood swings seem much but I guess it's fitting with her classic character traits.

I love seeing the Muppets back on TV, they are all so fresh and new and colourful! :wink:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Does anyone else find Kermit's facial expressions seem over done? It's as if they are happening too often.

I'm enjoying the show, I wish I could say that I love it but I'm not there yet. Piggy's extreme mood swings seem much but I guess it's fitting with her classic character traits.

I love seeing the Muppets back on TV, they are all so fresh and new and colourful! :wink:
Yes they look absolutely beautiful on the new cameras!

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I'm going to say something I was told not to, but when talks of Muppets Most Wanted started brewing. Jim Lewis and Frank Oz where working on a movie script together. However Disney passed and went with Most Wanted.
Correction: it was the 2011 movie that got greenlit in place of that proposed one, not MMW. :stick_out_tongue:

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Um no it was not........I was talking to Jim Lewis at the time and he told me. God why does everyone have to question everything I say or do on here.
They weren't trying to be mean, but I do believe that the Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever (The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever) was being written before the 2011 "The Muppets", and Disney decided to progress with TM over the latter. Muppets Most Wanted was a completely different situation.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kermit's over the top expressions have been delighting internet meme-rs for years.

Why not give them more fodder? :big_grin:

Considering M11 was the second highest grossing Muppet Movie (not really much of a stretch), I can see why they went with the team that made that one. They couldn't help it that the public's interest cooled off, hipsters snark at the fact anything gets a sequel (because their formulaic indie film didn't get greenlit), and a mediocre tween post apocalypse prophecy knockoff film opened up opposite. I'd love to have seen the Lewis/Oz movie as a third film, but that's probably not going to happen. Unless this show does gangbusters, then it will be all like "This is on TV for free, why spend 10 bucks to see it in theaters?"

That said, I really really really really really really really really (GASP) REALLY really really really hope that film wasn't "Cheapest." Let it go. I'm sure there's a reason Jim abandoned it. Unless it's divinely insanely inspired in a Monty Pythonish high concept way, it's going to come off as a 5 minute joke spread out to 90 minutes. Running out of money and having things get significantly cheaper will run out of steam well before the half way point. Then it would be unfairly compared to "Be Kind, Please Rewind." The Muppets didn't need something that's so high concept it scares off the casual audience. No matter what anyone's feelings on MMW is, I doubt that Gonzo running around remaking Bowfinger (a great Frank Oz film in its own right) would have been successful.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Correction: it was the 2011 movie that got greenlit in place of that proposed one, not MMW. :stick_out_tongue:
They weren't trying to be mean, but I do believe that the Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever (The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever) was being written before the 2011 "The Muppets", and Disney decided to progress with TM over the latter. Muppets Most Wanted was a completely different situation.
Dwayne may have been referring to a different movie script. No title was mentioned.