The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Hostile Makeover"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
So, to recap:

Feminism, according to the muppets, means you are irrational, not very well-read, slutty, self-centered and easily misled. Got it. Girl power!

On the other hand, Kermit's not portrayed much better. He's whiny, neurotic, self-centered and willing to pimp out his former girlfriend for personal gain, plus all of his friends for his own tenuous hold on relevancy in his field. He's producing a show for a person he doesn't ultimately respect or like and willing to expose his "true" friends (whom I have to assume is supposed to mean anyone other than Piggy) to ridicule and disdain, but--hey!--as long as he can still hang around Hollywood dating much younger girls, well--that makes it okay.

Yuck. Blech. Ick.

I'm saddened by what passes for "entertainment" today.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, there was a moment in the 30 years special where Gonzo mistook another chicken for Camilla while Camilla was sitting next to him on the opposite side.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
So, to recap:

Feminism, according to the muppets, means you are irrational, not very well-read, slutty, self-centered and easily misled. Got it. Girl power!

On the other hand, Kermit's not portrayed much better. He's whiny, neurotic, self-centered and willing to pimp out his former girlfriend for personal gain, plus all of his friends for his own tenuous hold on relevancy in his field. He's producing a show for a person he doesn't ultimately respect or like and willing to expose his "true" friends (whom I have to assume is supposed to mean anyone other than Piggy) to ridicule and disdain, but--hey!--as long as he can still hang around Hollywood dating much younger girls, well--that makes it okay.

Yuck. Blech. Ick.

I'm saddened by what passes for "entertainment" today.
You say that like we live in a world without Kardashians and Real Housewives of whatever the heck it is this season, 15 years of American Idol, and where MTV - the first all music video station - never shows videos anymore.

Oh and did I mention that Kim Kardashian is a best New York times selling author? For a book about images of her.

What is your world like? It sounds delightful and I want to go there. Please? Please may I go there?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
You say that like we live in a world without Kardashians and Real Housewives of whatever the heck it is this season, 15 years of American Idol, and where MTV - the first all music video station - never shows videos anymore.

Oh and did I mention that Kim Kardashian is a best New York times selling author? For a book about images of her.

What is your world like? It sounds delightful and I want to go there. Please? Please may I go there?
I am unable to understand what the Kardashians or the Real Housewives have to do with anything. Likewise American Idol. What point were you trying to make? Just because those things exist doesn't mean I have to watch them. Why would I? Surely we can ALL find something better to do with our time.

I don't know if you'd actually like the world I live in. If you'd like to live in "my world," it would be a world where we TURN OFF the television when there's nothing on. The last show I watched (except news) was last November (yes--November of 2014) until "the muppets" came out. Despite my misgivings, based on the distasteful promo, I watched the premiere and found it to be every bit as puerile as it seems to be in the promos. It wasn't just childish--it was mean--down to the bone mean--and made me sad.

I only watched the second episode because a friend told me that Kermit has a jealous rampage, and I thought, with brief hope, that perhaps the REAL Kermit had come back and all was right with the world again. Sadly, I watched only to find that Kermit's "jealousy" was only for his "property." If Piggy is actually happy and being influenced by someone whose presence threatens Kermit's ability to sponge a living off of her while making fun of her at every opportunity, well...that wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be. What a disgustingly parasitic way to make a living.

Disney doesn't care about the muppets, and it certainly doesn't care about the viewership of someone like me, who grew up with the characters and loves them. No--no--it's fine, because Disney's got a whole new crop of viewers who have been raised on sexual innuendo instead of humor and crassness instead of compassion. Just LOOK how positively gleefoul every has been about the fact that Kermit swore on the show. I know I sit around all day every day saying, "Oh my goodness--I sure do hope my favorite comedian manages to drop in some crass language! It will be so hilarious if he does!" Good grief, how childish can you get? Adult humor? Hardly.

OMG! And how about Fozzie stealing? Wasn't that exciting? I mean, I was wondering when Fozzie was going to grow up and stop thinking that other people had a right to their own property. I mean, next week he can trash a store owner's business and maybe score some weed with the EM! Then I'll bet those uptight parents will see what a catch he is!

What a sad come-down for a show that used to be edgy on its own terms--instead of everyone else's hand-me-down gimmicks. Jim's characters broke the fourth wall to the delight of everyone who saw them. These characters break the fourth wall to imitate other sitcoms and seem "current."

Let the smarmy and the cynical rule the world and the airwaves--my world has BOOKS.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Ruahnna, you make many good points and i agree with them. Though I am enjoying the new show, it does seem the purity and good nature or Kermit and many of the Muppets has changed.

Miss Piggy being a 'psycho', Fozzy stealing, Kermit and Fozzy having a beer.......these are so not the Muppets that I grew up with as a child of the 80's. I miss Kermit's confidence and passion, (from the Muppet show days). Kermit's head is also too cone headed! Many people will grow up with Steve Whitmire's Kermit and may never come to know Jim's original. Don't get me wrong, Steve does a fine job and has adopted and adapted the character as his own....which is a natural process in puppeteering.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Ruahnna, you make many good points and i agree with them. Though I am enjoying the new show, it does seem the purity and good nature or Kermit and many of the Muppets has changed.

Miss Piggy being a 'psycho', Fozzy stealing, Kermit and Fozzy having a beer.......these are so not the Muppets that I grew up with as a child of the 80's. I miss Kermit's confidence and passion, (from the Muppet show days). Kermit's head is also too cone headed! Many people will grow up with Steve Whitmire's Kermit and may never come to know Jim's original. Don't get me wrong, Steve does a fine job and has adopted and adapted the character as his own....which is a natural process in puppeteering.
That sounds way too much like the uninformed idiotic views of the schmoes that don't understand the characters like the majority of us do. :rolleyes:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If you understand the characters, you'd know that "idiotic" isn't the most Muppety word ever.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
That sounds way too much like the uninformed idiotic views of the schmoes that don't understand the characters like the majority of us do. :rolleyes:

WoW! Just Wow! You don't know me at all, let alone enough to judge me like that. Apparently you have it all figured out! This will be the one and only time I ever respond to you. Your rudeness and judgement isn't worth any more of my time.