The Muppets Episode 3 - Bear Left Then Bear Write

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Bear Left Then Bear Write"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure who they think they're making this show for. I'm not sure if they know. I grew up in the 80s, but the last time I was shocked at someone saying "Oh God" or drawing naughty pictures in a card was a very long time ago, lol. And, um, well how can I put this? I always got the impression Zoot had moved well beyond the pot stage, heh. None of this show feels like adult humor.

Last edited:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure who they think they're making this show for. I'm not sure if they know. I grew up in the 80s, but the last time I was shocked at someone saying "Oh God" or drawing naughty pictures in a card was a very long time ago, lol. And, um, well how can I put this? I always got the impression Zoot had moved well beyond the pot stage, heh. None of this show feels like adult humor.
so you are saying it would be appropriate for my 7 year old nephew? or do you mean it would be OK for 14 years and older? the 14 year old and older crowd I can buy with parental discretion but younger then that I would feel wrong showing it to them?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
so you are saying it would be appropriate for my 7 year old nephew? or do you mean it would be OK for 14 years and older? the 14 year old and older crowd I can buy with parental discretion but younger then that I would feel wrong showing it to them?
Well understand, I wasn't raised with my TV viewing censored. I don't believe in that. I think people give Television more blame than it deserves as far as influence.

But that's not really what I'm talking about. I'm saying as an adult, I feel like this humor is too young for me.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Look, we know you advocate for pot and for drug jokes in the show. Let's not get into it again. I know it's legal in a few states; my (very cursory) research said 4 states (plus DC), which is about 1/12 as many states as alcohol. 4 x 12 = 48, add in DC and you're about at 50. Ergo, alcohol is about 12 times as legal. But it wasn't meant to be taken too seriously. All I was saying was that the legality is one reason (of many) why some people get more upset over pot references than alcohol references. I don't think it's hypocritical for people to have different opinions about very different intoxicants.

It's on-topic to talk about how we feel about drug references in the show. It's not particularly on-topic to get into discussions about how we feel about drugs in general.
THIS! ALL OF THIS! :big_grin::sing::cool::halo::flirt:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Well understand, I wasn't raised with my TV viewing censored. I don't believe in that. I think people give Television more blame than it deserves as far as influence.

But that's not really what I'm talking about. I'm saying as an adult, I feel like this humor is too young for me.
I wasn't censored either I grew up on the X Files and The Simpsons but I admit some of the stuff my parents let me watch was probably inappropriate and might have caused me to have issues growing up as a kid into a young adult. but this new muppets is definitely an adult show regardless .....

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
by the way darth I am not against pot being used for medical reasons I am just not a fan of using it just because. at least then it has a point to it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I wasn't censored either I grew up on the X Files and The Simpsons but I admit some of the stuff my parents let me watch was probably inappropriate and might have caused me to have issues growing up as a kid into a young adult. but this new muppets is definitely an adult show regardless .....
Well I won't comment on your personal experience of course. From my point of view, growing up with poor role models (not my parents) and even poorer peers is what gave me issues, lol.

If I had to guess, I think this show is going for, at best, a college crowd. I just don't see this humor connecting with people who grew up in the 70s and 80s (in general, obviously there are always exceptions).

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Well I won't comment on your personal experience of course. From my point of view, growing up with poor role models (not my parents) and even poorer peers is what gave me issues, lol.

If I had to guess, I think this show is going for, at best, a college crowd.
College kids are in the Eyes of the law adults, but I think you are wrong, I was born in 1981 and am 34 years old I think this new Muppets was made for people like me, my dad is someone who was born in 1954 and he loves the show he also loves Bobs Burgers on Fox we both do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terrimonster

Reaction score
the state I used to live in Maryland, practically legalized it If you are high while driving you can get arrested, but to get arrested for pot In Maryland you have to have massive amounts of it on you, and the state I live in now Florida there are certain counties that have similar laws like in Miami Dade County I am not sure of the other counties. like I said it is trending kind of like Same Sex Marriage it is only a matter of time when both same sex marriage and marijuana are legal in all 50 states and rightfully so, did I mention I love Pope Francis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and how I feel about drug use and it's legalize is on topic because it is being written into the show like it or not. the Muppets on ABC is an adult show you should not have your little kids staying up past 8 PM my nephew who lives with me his whole life he is 7 years old he goes to bed at 7:30 pm every night and my sister is not strict at all but 7:30 pm is a proper bed time for a little kid who has to wake up for school the next day, and quite frankly my nephew does not care for the Muppets anyway he watches Cartoon Network shows, Pokemon, and Disney XD Shows like Star Wars Rebels most kids don't even get into the muppets anymore they are making the show/movies for the adults who grew up with the muppets in the 1970's and 1980's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know what any of this has to do with my post or the show in general. OK, I guess Scooter said, "legally now." But they're hardly discussing the topic of legalization, and they're not talking about, or asking, how you feel about it. And now that we all know, neither are we.

By the way, in 2 US time zones the show airs at 7:00. So even if your nephew's bedtime were the ultimate model for all children (my 22-month-old goes to bed at 8-8:30) it would still be on before the proper bed time in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, etc.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I don't know what any of this has to do with my post or the show in general. OK, I guess Scooter said, "legally now." But they're hardly discussing the topic of legalization, and they're not talking about, or asking, how you feel about it. And now that we all know, neither are we.

By the way, in 2 US time zones the show airs at 7:00. So even if your nephew's bedtime were the ultimate model for all children (my 22-month-old goes to bed at 8-8:30) it would still be on before the proper bed time in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, etc.
because the muppets new show is bringing drugs in to there story lines, like it or not.