The Muppets Episode 3 - Bear Left Then Bear Write

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Bear Left Then Bear Write"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Drtooth

Reaction score
So many other older franchises are still relevant today because their best work was kept in the public eye. Not because they kept trying to reanimate them into something unrecognizable.

Ehhhh... no. Older franchises are still relevant today because they have larger fansbases. Seriously. Everyone outside of this board is a causal fan at best. Even then, those other franchises keep cranking out expanded universe novels and comics and stuff outside of bigger media presences. Oh, and they totally still make stuff anyway, those franchises are so big they can afford having older fans whine about them and ignore them all day. Except they TOTALLY still go to those movies and stuff just to make sure they hate them. It's like they hate everything new in the franchise, and continue to support it out of spite.

But even if they didn't, the franchises and fanbase are strong enough to run on fumes, provided they keep buying enough nostalgic crap to warrant its inclusion on store shelves.

Thing is, the Muppet fandom is very fragile, and it's franchise even more so. Disney can subside on Frozen merchandise alone and still have a high stock. You think they give a rat's fez about anything that isn't Frozen or Star Wars? The fact they even gave the Muppets a second chance as a TV show after MMW is pretty miraculous. And this will sadly be up to the general public, because I'm sure none of us have Nielsen boxes (which are a scam anyway). If they're the same insultingly fickle audiences that love seeing something once and then pull their hair out when that love equals a follow up which will always be the worst thing ever for simply being a sequel, the show is screwed.

Our fanbase isn't just small as heck, it's slowly becoming as freaking awful as the Sonic the Hedgehog one. Next hurdle after that one is Transformers, where half the fandom is 30+ year olds whining that Hasbro doesn't make only $100+ collector's toys because that's unsustainable. Every freaking project is an apple of discord. And has been for over 20 years. This is too kiddy, this is too adult, this is not adult enough, this isn't exactly the same, they don't get the characters this way, they don't get the characters that way. We're never going to get The Muppet Show factory freshness sealed exactly the same way. Why must every project live up to one thing they did one time? Because nostalgia? Because elitism? The Muppets can and have done worse than this show in the past, and the same fans complained the exact same complaints about them. We're never getting the same thing back because too many people died or moved on. Just like we're never going to get "What's Opera Doc?" anymore from Looney Tunes, but we can hope we don't get Space Jam or Loonatics out of them anymore.

I'm tired, so very tired of having to defend the heck out of every project only to read the same complaints from the same people for the same reasons. And I get that. You don't like things a certain way, and that's cool. But it's the level of the complaining that bugs me. The whole air of "I'm right because I'm negative and anyone that doesn't agree with me is wrong, and man do I want this project to fail and when it does it's ONLY because hypothetical people agree with me." By all means, stop supporting the franchise if you don't like anything new going on. There's a difference between saying "I don't like this and here's why" and obsessively watching for more reasons to complain to say "Here are specific reasons I don't like this fro this week." There's plenty of good old fashion stuff you grew up with. Just watch that over and over. That's what you want, that's what you get. Don't try and be a "not drinking the Kool-Aid" type that purposely poopoos on things to seem right about an opinion.

I'm done trying to defend things.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Everyone outside of this board is a causal fan at best.
First it's nostalgic fans, now it's casual fans? Seriously, it's just fans. Talk about elitism...

Just because the majority of Muppet fans aren't "fanboys/girls" doesn't mean they don't count and doesn't mean they don't have influence.

The problem is you think you're the only one defending the Muppets and that there's only one way to do it.

caper

Reaction score
This is a pretty funny show.

But the voices are still iffy.

Jim Henson and Frank Oz are truly magical and greatly missed.

This is a good show but these muppets doesn't come close to the original.

Please don't tell me that the season 1 DVD of this show will come out before the Muppet Show seasons 4 and 5.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'm tired, so very tired of having to defend the heck out of every project only to read the same complaints from the same people for the same reasons. And I get that. You don't like things a certain way, and that's cool. But it's the level of the complaining that bugs me. The whole air of "I'm right because I'm negative and anyone that doesn't agree with me is wrong, and man do I want this project to fail and when it does it's ONLY because hypothetical people agree with me." By all means, stop supporting the franchise if you don't like anything new going on. There's a difference between saying "I don't like this and here's why" and obsessively watching for more reasons to complain to say "Here are specific reasons I don't like this fro this week." There's plenty of good old fashion stuff you grew up with. Just watch that over and over. That's what you want, that's what you get. Don't try and be a "not drinking the Kool-Aid" type that purposely poopoos on things to seem right about an opinion.

Pot meet kettle

You're the one that seems to take the attitude that I'm right so everybody else is wrong. It is possible for "nostalgic" "old" "casual" fans to be critical of the show without hating it and wanting it to fail. There is a range in-between I love everything about the new show and I want it to fail miserably. No need to take everything to the extreme.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
hey dr. tooth. who says it's their last chance? You? Since when did your opinion suddenly become Word Of God? If this show got canceled and someone decided to bring them back later I'd want to see that too. Also people still by muppet merchandise today so cancelling this show won' suddenly cause muppet fans to stop wanting anything o do with them. I mean I still see Kermit the frog plushies dressed as santa claus at christmas time. :/

also as the others said just because there are people who don't think the new show is perfect and OHSOTOTLYAWESOMEDURRR doesn't mean we're not fans. The Muppet Show had flaws it was not godly perfect either. You can enjoy something even with its flaws.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings slip has something to do with The Flash coming back. That really seems that it would be splitting the potential audience. But the same old fogeys watching NCIS (which I take back, is indeed a terrible show) and tweenyboppers still falling for The Voice (can anyone even name one winner from that show?) will be watching the same old crap they love so much.
If I recall correctly, the Muppets beat out the season premiere of the Flash.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
hey dr. tooth. who says it's their last chance? You? Since when did your opinion suddenly become Word Of God? If this show got canceled and someone decided to bring them back later I'd want to see that too. Also people still by muppet merchandise today so cancelling this show won' suddenly cause muppet fans to stop wanting anything o do with them. I mean I still see Kermit the frog plushies dressed as santa claus at christmas time. :/

also as the others said just because there are people who don't think the new show is perfect and OHSOTOTLYAWESOMEDURRR doesn't mean we're not fans. The Muppet Show had flaws it was not godly perfect either. You can enjoy something even with its flaws.
*gives a heavy sigh and starts to sulk out of the forum*

This is why I've been tempted to leave the Forum. The senseless bickering and-....... whatever, I'm not getting into this.

*walks out of forum and slams door shut with an echoing bang*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's not senseless nor is it bickering. DrTooth and I have these debates all the time, lol. I think some fans are (rightly) perturbed at being accused, more than once, of not being real fans just because they didn't like this one particular show. Some perspective is required here.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
This is a pretty funny show.

But the voices are still iffy.

Jim Henson and Frank Oz are truly magical and greatly missed.

This is a good show but these muppets doesn't come close to the original.

Please don't tell me that the season 1 DVD of this show will come out before the Muppet Show seasons 4 and 5.
It's never about the voices. It's about the acting!

Man, I wish people would stop complaining about the voices and realize that the acting comes first (especially since these puppeteers we're talking about, not voice actors) and the voice comes second.