The Muppets Episode 4 - Pig Out

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig Out"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
well at least the muppets got to do some singing, it's been a long time...

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I loved it! Beaker imitating Miss Piggy and Swedish Chef mocking Kermit was the best! I really thought Miss Piggy would completely crash the party, but in the end, everyone paid the price! The whole karaoke scene was fantastic, I was smiling the whole time! Now, the big question, what happened between Janice and Floyd? I never knew that Sam would have a crush on anybody, much less Janice!

I was beginning to feel bad for Statler, but he had to make Fozzie gullible and sucker him out of his kindness! I should've known that was going to happen. And all this talk about Kermit being manipulative, think about it, Miss Piggy has manipulated Kermit for years! I see this as Kermit giving Miss Piggy a taste of her own medicine!:shifty:

ploobis

Reaction score
I loved it! Beaker imitating Miss Piggy and Swedish Chef mocking Kermit was the best! I really thought Miss Piggy would completely crash the party, but in the end, everyone paid the price! The whole karaoke scene was fantastic, I was smiling the whole time! Now, the big question, what happened between Janice and Floyd? I never knew that Sam would have a crush on anybody, much less Janice!

I was beginning to feel bad for Statler, but he had to make Fozzie gullible and sucker him out of his kindness! I should've known that was going to happen. And all this talk about Kermit being manipulative, think about it, Miss Piggy has manipulated Kermit for years! I see this as Kermit giving Miss Piggy a taste of her own medicine!:shifty:
I agree with you about Kermit giving Piggy a taste of her own medicine! He's worked with her for so many years, he knows how her mind works now!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I'm feeling a bit like Sam here. I WANT to like this show. I do. But I can't enjoy the things that are worthwhile--some of which were mentioned above by other posters--because I'm too upset about Kermit acting like a complete jerk. Not just a jerk--a total what-Statler-said.

Someone said in another thread that Piggy doesn't seem to have any friends. If that is so, it's Kermit's fault. Piggy clearly excels at making friends outside the muppet troop, as her interactions with all the guest stars attest. She could make friends within the group as well, but Kermit either isolated her so he could manipulate her or sleep with her--or both--and he can't let Piggy see that others treat her better than he does. He separates her on purpose, but--hey! As long as she's making him money, he's not worried about her happiness. If she gets lonely, he can always pimp her out to another costar.

Character matters. At least, it matters to me, and I am revolted by the way Kermit smirks and mugs and BRAGS about how he once again left Piggy high and dry.

And we're supposed to believe that HE broke up with her because she was insensitive? Who is writing this--Pepe?

If Kermit were my actual friend (and I always thought he was), this would be it. If he doesn't want to date Piggy, he should butt out of her personal life. He's the guy--that guy--who always seems like a nice guy until you notice what a weasel he is when dating. Give me Rowlf any day--he's a hound and owns it. Kermit is an actor, and right now he's just ACTING like he's a decent guy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And we're supposed to believe that HE broke up with her because she was insensitive? Who is writing this--Pepe?
Whoever's writing this, I don't get the impression they understand Kermit and Piggy's relationship at all. They seem to think Kermit's been a victim or something for all these years and now he's getting his chance at pay back. Which couldn't be more horrifyingly wrong.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
^ see I KNEW there was something about this episode that rubbed me the wrong way. What did they do to kermit anyway? I have an issue on both sides though.
Miss Piggy could be a lot nicer to the others and make friends without going overboard. yes when she wants to be she can be a great friend but mostly she's just vain and mean and kermit's characterization in this episode doesn't help.
They did so well last week and now they're doing it again. Kermit is supposed to be a nice guy and CARE about people. I am not sure Jim henson would be happy about this flanderization.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Whoever's writing this, I don't get the impression they understand Kermit and Piggy's relationship at all. They seem to think Kermit's been a victim or something for all these years and now he's getting his chance at pay back. Which couldn't be more horrifyingly wrong.
Getting karate chopped all the time, being tricked into marriage, being unwanted-ly advanced upon. He sure hasn't suffered at all.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I really liked this episode . . . up until Kermit bragging how he's a master at manipulating and the sinister chuckle. That was cringeworthy.