The Muppets Episode 4 - Pig Out

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig Out"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Fozzie seemed more like himself, sweet but gullible.

Kermit was a grouchy, dictatorial fussbudget who uses and manipulates those he claims are his friends so he can have a show. He has become a parody of himself, exactly what the tabloid press would say he was like.

I don't like him like this.
I'm going to have to disagree there. Ever since "The Muppet Show" days, Kermit was good matured, but when the other Muppets got out of line, he had to do what it took to keep them under control even if it meant losing his cool every once in a while. Just think of how you would feel if you were a boss and everyone came into the office late because of being drunk at a party. I think Kermit does all he can to handle these situations.

Has anyone else noticed that Pepe has ceased saying "Okay" to punctuate every sentence?
Yeah. I've noticed that too and that's a disappointment because that's always been sort of his thing. They really need to bring back his 'okays.'

Scooter is racking up so many points on the adorkable/just like us meter.
"Good grief, you're right! Listen to me, I'm swearing like a sailor!"
Rully? "Good grief" is your version of swearing like a sailor?
Well, that would make Charlie Brown foulmouthed then.

I have subtitles on my TV. Statler DID say it!
I thought the word he used was 'arse.' At least according to the captioning on my TV, that's what it was.

Looks like Kermit is starting to warm up to Piggy a bit more. :smile:Just a matter of time...
Before he's gone and I'm at the front of the line. Lol. Couldn't resist there.

I can't help but wondering though if the reason we haven't seen Denise that much lately is because Kermit still has feelings for Miss Piggy. We'll have to see what the future has in store for the two of them and what will happen with Denise. You never know.

Last edited:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
for those saying that statler finally has a lot of screentime I want to point out in one of the episodes of the muppet show he had a huge storyline where he had a crush on one of the guest starts and went backstage to give her a plant that kept growing as the episode progressed.

also I have said this before I am AWARE the muppets do drink booze. Rowlf mentioned drinking beer after work in the muppet movie so that has NEVER been a problem. What I do have a problem is is ALL OF THEM being so completely irresponsible going out get sauced beyond recognition (makes no sense and dr. teeth should KNOW better because he DRIVES THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM'S BUS! and I am freaked out imagining them getting into some kind of accident) and then showing up to work the next day hung over and being JERKS by making fun of Kermit because he wanted them to act responsibly.
He was rightfully mad though the way he handled it with miss piggy rubbed me the wrong way.
On a much better note I LOVE Uncle Deadly's clothing choices. They look so victorian and PERFECT for his character. Also him drinking wine instead of beer, so sophisticated! There are lots of reasons he's one of my favorites. I am wondering though... if he a ghost dragon phantom? I mean every time they show him there's a breeze or something blowing his facial hair around. In TMS when he said he was "killed by the critics" did he mean literally or figuratively? I dunno it just feels to me all this time he's a ghost muppet. I have no idea.

jobi71

Reaction score
for those saying that statler finally has a lot of screentime I want to point out in one of the episodes of the muppet show he had a huge storyline where he had a crush on one of the guest starts and went backstage to give her a plant that kept growing as the episode progressed.

also I have said this before I am AWARE the muppets do drink booze. Rowlf mentioned drinking beer after work in the muppet movie so that has NEVER been a problem. What I do have a problem is is ALL OF THEM being so completely irresponsible going out get sauced beyond recognition (makes no sense and dr. teeth should KNOW better because he DRIVES THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM'S BUS! and I am freaked out imagining them getting into some kind of accident) and then showing up to work the next day hung over and being JERKS by making fun of Kermit because he wanted them to act responsibly.
He was rightfully mad though the way he handled it with miss piggy rubbed me the wrong way.
On a much better note I LOVE Uncle Deadly's clothing choices. They look so victorian and PERFECT for his character. Also him drinking wine instead of beer, so sophisticated! There are lots of reasons he's one of my favorites. I am wondering though... if he a ghost dragon phantom? I mean every time they show him there's a breeze or something blowing his facial hair around. In TMS when he said he was "killed by the critics" did he mean literally or figuratively? I dunno it just feels to me all this time he's a ghost muppet. I have no idea.
I would need to watch the scene again to determine if all of them were drinking heavily or just some. Bunsen and Beaker announce their intent to and Yolanda and Pepe were suffering the consequences of. Ed Helms bought Janice a drink. And clearly there was more, but off the top of my head I cannot say for certain. If Zoot is in recovery as is implied in episode 1 I would be more upset if he had one drink rather than any of the others having 1 too many. It is true that when people go out to karaoke there usually is alcohol involved to get them relaxed and loose enough to sing, but these are the Muppets they break into song at the drop of a hat. So I wonder for example if Scooter's accident with his glasses wasn't alcohol induced but just over exuberance. And as for all of them showing up late - sure some of them were recovering from hangovers, but if your boss (or one of your bosses) said Come in at 2 tomorrow I bet you would use that time to sleep in or run errands etc.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Every time I hear Fozzie and Piggy it's like I'm hearing a parody of them. And I finally figured out what's wrong with the Fozzie puppet. His cheekbones are too big or something. He looks like a clown.

I know the subject's been beaten over the head, but why are they constraining the Muppets by trying to turn them into human characters? Just because The Office was popular? It makes me think, what if the characters weren't the Muppets? Like they haven't been taking advantage of "The Muppets". But this episode definitely retained some of the old Muppet magic, so the complaints are few and far between.

Piggy thinks the crew are losers; why does she want to go out with them? It makes perfect sense though. She may act like she doesn't like them, but the Muppets are all she has. They're the only thing that's been permanent in her life and have always been there for her. The whole Kermit trying to get them to ask was just weird. They knew what was going on, she knew what was going on, so what was the point?

The :attitude: + :flirt: thing, definitely unexpected but it could have gone either way. The Sam we know would have just been like "eww, hippie-weirdo", but him liking her is what makes this show so different than The Muppet Show. This show is delving deep into the personalities of these characters, something that has rarely been done before, save Kermit, Piggy and maybe Fozzie, whereas The Muppet Show was just zany antics. Most of the characters other than Kermit and Piggy just had one straightforward personality.

The Piggy chorus girl thing was a nice call-back to The Muppet Show.

Random thought: it would be kind of cool if Kermit had someone to report to, like above him and Piggy (I don't even know who's higher in rank). Like when he was blowing off steam to the camera after Piggy said yes to going out with the crew I thought he was talking to one of his superiors or something. After finishing the episode, this is something this show really needs. It isn't clear who's in charge, Kermit or Piggy? One day Kermit should walk into an office and from around a swivel chair turns J.P. Grosse or something. Hopefully one day this show gets that far into its life, because I feel like they need to introduce more aspects of the inner-workings of 'the show'. I guess Kermit's 'the boss' and Piggy's the star, but it would be cool to see Kermit's own struggles of having to report to someone himself.

It also felt good to just have one guest star.

I don't get why Piggy sided so easily with Kermit towards the end though, about not hanging out with them anymore. He should've had to have given her something or made some kind of compromise, but by the same token, Kermit could have just fired their irresponsible butts. :big_grin:

A little too much for one episode though. There should have at least been a scene explaining to us how Statler healed so quickly, because I was just left totally dumbfounded when Fozzie came back and he was already gone.

I'm not gonna lie, I could've done without the Sam and Janice plot-line too. It could've saved a little time to make the two other stories make more sense plus towards the end it was starting feel overdone, like it made me realize someone like Sam could never really like her. Plus, she has always been Floyd's girl to me. Maybe a showdown between Sam and Floyd is impending, or they may just act like this has never happened in future episodes. Haven't Sam and Floyd had beef in the past? I feel like they could play really well off one another in a argument-type scenario. I actually think they interacted heavily in the Sex & Violence pilot. It was them and Nigel running the show or something, speaking of characters they should bring back...

Last edited:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Here are the Muppet relationships at there finest. Notice Floyd calling Janice his woman.

Don't remind of how good the Muppets were. I'm not taking shots at the new show, but they aren't even in the same league.

• While I don't mind it, why is Fozzie always having a plot without the others.
  • Crazy Harry and Lew Zealand need to do something.
Two great points!

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Oh no.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/10/14/tv-ratings-tuesday-oct-13-2015/478575/

The Muppets is entering the danger zone, any lower than this, well I can not see it being renewed.
well if they didn't make them act so immature.,...

my mother got to see an episode of the show last night. Now while she used to watch the muppet show when it was first airing she hadn't really been much into muppets so her view of the new vs the old is not the same as some of us. she said "That show is dumb". I told her "the muppet show was dumb too" and said "it wasn't as dumb as that."
I rest my case.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok finally saw the show,and I have to say I'm split right down the middle 50-50. I loved the karaoke scene! Everyone seemed like one big happy family. Could have done with out all the drinking. I always thought the Muppets knew how to be wild and crazy without getting drunk. Piggy was finally likable for the first time in a long time.
Fozzie was sweet and i loved that hit I watched that five times in s row, very funny.
Now forthe main thingI did not like. Piggy and the rest of the Muppets where happy and getting along,when Kermit has to break up the fun. Is it me or is this a pattern that when Piggy is happy everone but Kermit is happy, but when Kermit is happy everyone is miserable? If that is the case then as someone else mentioned I don't think they understand Kermit at all.
I'm also worried about how this Sam and Janice thing is going to play out. If you ask me it felt more award then funny. So I don't really know how I would like to see that continue.
All in all I loved some of the show, and hated other parts. I miss Kermit, I feel like this is a combination of Constentene, and Pepe, but not Kermit. So I hope some things change, but I do love some things.