The Muppets Episode 4 - Pig Out

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig Out"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
My only criticism is that they try to shove too much into an episode. The show does indeed have room for improvement, but by all means, if I'm not saying anything vehemently negative that's because the Muppets are capable of far worse. And if this is as good as it gets I'm fine with it. I just don't want MFS style lobotomized Stepford Kermit ever again.
Yeah. I know what you mean. The show seems to have multiple plots and it's hard to fit everything in the half hour format. This seemed to work on varitey shows. But on this type of show, the conflict resolution often feels rushed. Maybe they should have made the show an hour long or something like that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The show seems to have multiple plots and it's hard to fit everything in the half hour format.
That's very common for really any series you see on TV: M*A*S*H was really the one who pioneered multiple storylines per episode later in their run, but SEINFELD is often cited as turning it into a trend, though it was more noticeable and forefront, considering SEINFELD's main cast consisted of four people, and each one of them usually had their own plotline in each episode. Once a standard is set by a successful series, they're usually pretty hard for ensuing series to shake 'em.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
That's very common for really any series you see on TV: M*A*S*H was really the one who pioneered multiple storylines per episode later in their run, but SEINFELD is often cited as turning it into a trend, though it was more noticeable and forefront, considering SEINFELD's main cast consisted of four people, and each one of them usually had their own plotline in each episode. Once a standard is set by a successful series, they're usually pretty hard for ensuing series to shake 'em.
the issue with this though is when seinfeld was on there were fewer commercials on than now.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
The next episode better get great ratings. If this is cancelled, I'm going to give those One Millions Witches a piece of my mind! So, come on guys! Watch that show, and I mean everybody watch it if you love the muppets!

Duke Remington

Reaction score
A factor that needs to be taken into consideration here is that the show is still in its infancy (only a measly 4 episodes in, which were meant to set things up like the format, some of the character dynamics, etc.) and has some kinks to work out.

It can be easy to forget that The Muppet Show started out in a similar place before finding its groove. Its first season was spent doing a lot of experimenting, finding out what did or didn't work, tweaking the format, developing the characters, etc.

Also the fact that The Muppet Show was more gag-centric in the first season and became more character-based in the second season and beyond. The second season was also when the show's popularity truly began to kick in.

It seems to me that the new show shall go through a similar transformation as it continues to find its footing.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Just to let you know, kids shows have made references to hangovers. In the SpongeBob Movie, SpongeBob and Patrick spend a night in a bar eating ice cream and the next morning Sponge wakes up with a headache. In an episode of Fairly OddParents, Cosmo, Wanda and Jorgan have too much candy and soda from a party and Timmy has to give them Alka Seltzer.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Question. why isn't animal on a chain anymore and why isn't floyd holding onto it to keep him from going after women... then again WHY ISN'T ANIMAL GOING CRAZY OVER PRETTY WOMEN?!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Just to let you know, kids shows have made references to hangovers. In the SpongeBob Movie, SpongeBob and Patrick spend a night in a bar eating ice cream and the next morning Sponge wakes up with a headache. In an episode of Fairly OddParents, Cosmo, Wanda and Jorgan have too much candy and soda from a party and Timmy has to give them Alka Seltzer.
But this isn't a kids show.