The Muppets Episode 4 - Pig Out

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig Out"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm happy with The Muppets, though there is room for improvement.

I agree; I'm getting tired as well.
I just wish people could state how they feel about the show, and not have to be questioned on if they are a true fan or not. Some people are not going to love every little thing about the show, but that DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE NOT MUPPET FANS!!!! I love the Muppets and for the most part I'm happy with the show. I would really love to be able to talk about the show it's self without having to be beat over the head with all this arguing. Can we all make some kind of agreement that we can talk about the show and keep the conversation civil. Here is an idea lets all find one positive thing to say about this episode and share it. If there you didn't like or saw anything positive that's Ok you can post what you would have liked to see. Then once we have all posted a positive we will focus on the negative in a more mature way.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I just wish people could state how they feel about the show, and not have to be questioned on if they are a true fan or not. Some people are not going to love every little thing about the show, but that DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE NOT MUPPET FANS!!!! I love the Muppets and for the most part I'm happy with the show. I would really love to be able to talk about the show it's self without having to be beat over the head with all this arguing. Can we all make some kind of agreement that we can talk about the show and keep the conversation civil. Here is an idea lets all find one positive thing to say about this episode and share it. If there you didn't like or saw anything positive that's Ok you can post what you would have liked to see. Then once we have all posted a positive we will focus on the negative in a more mature way.
I mean, chances are if you're on this forum you're a "true fan", whatever that is.

There have been like a million good parts in the show so far. I would have to rewatch the episodes to list them. Rowlf biting his stitches was a highlight for me.

I actually think the episodes get better with each time you watch them; there's just so much to soak in.

It'll be unfortunate if this show gets cancelled this early; the world needs the Muppets.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
One positive thing I loved was the fact that even before she started hanging with the whole group it seems Piggy has found a friend in chef.
She likes all of the weirdos... except Gonzo. She can't remember his name.

:eek:, :hungry:... she likes all of the people who can't talk back to her. :big_grin:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
kinda funny she can't since in an episode of TMS he had a crush on her and she knew his name there. :stick_out_tongue: maybe she just chooses to forget it since he got so clingy. :big_grin:

jobi71

Reaction score
Muppets Take Manhattan showed that very well in little ways, like when Piggy says, "Gonzo, is Camilla alright?" and "Janice, everybody, I'm glad to see you too..." She's not someone who would forget their names. Now granted MTM is one of the most sentimental Muppet projects ever, but it's not mindlessly sappy.
Very good points, but I believe Piggy forgetting character's names was from the pitch video - which I do believe was not meant to have wide release. More of a behind the scenes thing that yes would eventually be seen, but not as soon as it was. I am glad they had Piggy back at work with the Muppets by the time the first episode aired. Kermit and Piggy's breakup was big news. It was PR for the show and a major plot line we will (thought we will) follow in the season. It seems the writers have not quite captured the layers of the history of the Kermit/Piggy relationship. Of course there are all sorts of debate about canon and non canon. (I believe they are not married). Although I know some here are and there is evidence to support both our ideas. I understand that Kermit and Piggy may have been a couple for 40 years or 20 years or just about 6 depending on where you want to start - but there is history and in all of these "revisions" they have found a way to either pay homage or wink at previous versions. I have yet to see a wink. These are talented writers. And with no knowledge of their ages I bet they are tickled pink to be writing for the Muppets. The Muppets (2015) is very close to being perfect (or as perfect as a TV show can be). Step 1. Figure out the Kermit/Piggy dynamic. Step 2. Figure out the Kermit/Fozzie dynamic. Step 3. Increase the amount of Muppet helping Muppet - even if the helping leads to greater disaster. Step 4. Decrease the "adult content" by a smidge. It is not too much for me but is an issue for a number of fans. I am reminded of a quote which I will paraphrase from the film Club Paradise where Andrea Martin asks resort owner Robin Williams if there is nude bathing allowed. He answers: "It is much more tantalizing to conceal than to reveal". And in my opinion (only) Step 5. Add more random Muppets. You rebuilt them have them populate the scene.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I mean, chances are if you're on this forum you're a "true fan", whatever that is.

There have been like a million good parts in the show so far. I would have to rewatch the episodes to list them. Rowlf biting his stitches was a highlight for me.

I actually think the episodes get better with each time you watch them; there's just so much to soak in.

It'll be unfortunate if this show gets cancelled this early; the world needs the Muppets.
That's true......However we are talking about episode 4. What's one thing you really loved about Pig Out?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
That's true......However we are talking about episode 4. What's one thing you really loved about Pig Out?
I skimmed the episode and there were a lot of chuckle moments but nothing that stood out above the rest for me. "Kermit, be a hero and get me 1/8th of an Advil" was good.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I skimmed the episode and there were a lot of chuckle moments but nothing that stood out above the rest for me. "Kermit, be a hero and get me 1/8th of an Advil" was good.
Yea who knew Yolanda from Muppets take Manhattan would make such a great comeback? Now if only we could get Robin back I would be happy.