The Muppets Episode 4 - Pig Out

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig Out"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

jobi71

Reaction score
Yea who knew Yolanda from Muppets take Manhattan would make such a great comeback? Now if only we could get Robin back I would be happy.
Yolanda is a treat. I agree about Robin. I am hoping they are saving him for a decent story rather than just a background character.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Very good points, but I believe Piggy forgetting character's names was from the pitch video - which I do believe was not meant to have wide release. More of a behind the scenes thing that yes would eventually be seen, but not as soon as it was. I am glad they had Piggy back at work with the Muppets by the time the first episode aired. Kermit and Piggy's breakup was big news. It was PR for the show and a major plot line we will (thought we will) follow in the season. It seems the writers have not quite captured the layers of the history of the Kermit/Piggy relationship. Of course there are all sorts of debate about canon and non canon. (I believe they are not married). Although I know some here are and there is evidence to support both our ideas. I understand that Kermit and Piggy may have been a couple for 40 years or 20 years or just about 6 depending on where you want to start - but there is history and in all of these "revisions" they have found a way to either pay homage or wink at previous versions. I have yet to see a wink. These are talented writers. And with no knowledge of their ages I bet they are tickled pink to be writing for the Muppets. The Muppets (2015) is very close to being perfect (or as perfect as a TV show can be). Step 1. Figure out the Kermit/Piggy dynamic. Step 2. Figure out the Kermit/Fozzie dynamic. Step 3. Increase the amount of Muppet helping Muppet - even if the helping leads to greater disaster. Step 4. Decrease the "adult content" by a smidge. It is not too much for me but is an issue for a number of fans. I am reminded of a quote which I will paraphrase from the film Club Paradise where Andrea Martin asks resort owner Robin Williams if there is nude bathing allowed. He answers: "It is much more tantalizing to conceal than to reveal". And in my opinion (only) Step 5. Add more random Muppets. You rebuilt them have them populate the scene.
Seems to me in the last couple of shows Piggy knows most of the Muppets names she talks to. Well Scooter and Chef.

jobi71

Reaction score
Seems to me in the last couple of shows Piggy knows most of the Muppets names she talks to. Well Scooter and Chef.
I agree. She knows them. It was an out of cannon laugh for the promo real. Although maybe she doesn't know Zoot's name - that blue guy over there.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yolanda is a treat. I agree about Robin. I am hoping they are saving him for a decent story rather than just a background character.
I love Robin he really grew up from the Muppet Show to The Muppets celebrate Jim Henson, where almost in a Kermit like scene pulls everyone together to sing Just One Person. Then we really don't see much of him which is sad. I would like to see Robin as a Teen getting into teenage troubles.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I agree. She knows them. It was an out of cannon laugh for the promo real. Although maybe she doesn't know Zoot's name - that blue guy over there.
Ah I would not worry about that. I mean how offten would she even need to talk to Zoot. I would love to see her and Janice talk more though. They worked good together in vets hospital.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if she calls the Chef "Megan".

At Comic Con I think they said that the show is on after his bedtime. But there are a lot of daytime scenes where he could come in.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I wonder if she calls the Chef "Megan".

At Comic Con I think they said that the show is on after his bedtime. But there are a lot of daytime scenes where he could come in.
Good question about Megan. From what I have seen the only time Megan has been used was in that one scene.
As far as what might have been said at comic con that seems kind of lame to me, but I get it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread, but when it comes to characters who don't appear on the show, whether the writers can't figure out a way to work them in, or if Bill Prady doesn't think they fit the shows format, it would be great if there would be some viral videos starring them.

But I also wonder how many puppets are near the studio. I've read that Puppet Heap is located in New Jersey, and this (along with many other Muppet productions) is being filmed in Hollywood. I wonder if there's special storage for this kind of thing, or if Puppet Heap has an LA branch. I'd be surprised if every Muppet was sent there, and I wonder if they would want to go through the trouble of delivering puppets to the studio if they usually aren't on the show. Then again, The Jim Henson Company has had works in LA (before opening an LA office, though the company hadn't done too many LA productions), Toronto, and England (before forming the creature shop), and it seems like delivering the puppets wasn't a problem then (when The Muppet Show was on the air, did they send every non-Sesame, non-Gorch, non-"early Henson" puppet to the studio so they could use any character they suddenly wanted to use?).

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
It would have been funny to have him at the bar singing karaoke with the rest of the gang. I'll bet Robin makes a hilarious drunk.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
MT was a carbon copy of Muppet Show? News to me!

Which describes literally no one I've talked to about this show. If you guys want to support this show, it's important to understand what the actual criticisms are. Rather than maintain this defensive "fans vs not real fans" mentality.
Of course it was trying to be MT, but a hip revamped version with a cool host, but it was all over the place trying to be TMS, a sitcom, a variety show, it did not know what to be, only at the end did it find a nice sitcom structure like Andie Macdowell and Johnny Fiama Leaves Home episodes were hilarious.