Speculations for ABC's The Muppets

PuppetMad

Reaction score
At the beginning of TMM, the Muppets are watching the movie which they just made. Not trying to be mean, but (in the movie) they literally explained that it was just a movie they made. A lot of times.
Yeah but that's the point, if it was just a movie and not a real origin story, what is the real back story?

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Yeah but that's the point, if it was just a movie and not a real origin story, what is the real back story?
Oh :stick_out_tongue: Kermit said it was kind of how it happened, so the real backstory is probably similar.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
If the ratings sink more they might renew it for a season 2 on Fridays probably, hopefully this episode the ratings go up to like a 1.5 or at least not drop and stay the same, I hope it does not fall to lower ratings.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If the ratings sink more they might renew it for a season 2 on Fridays probably, hopefully this episode the ratings go up to like a 1.5 or at least not drop and stay the same, I hope it does not fall to lower ratings.
UGH! I do not want this thing to follow that unwatchable, yet constantly renewed "Last Man Standing." I'm trying not to keep my hopes low yet not aiming too far to disappointment level, but if this can just get a renew to second season, or at least somehow outnumber the episodes of the last TV show I'd say things would be fine.

Like most shows made in the past 10 years, they're trying to build up to something, and if they go too fast, there's a lack of material, if they go too slow, the audience won't care because they know things won't be resolved. I mean, look at Mike and Molly. They married them off too fast, and then the show's popularity petered out too quickly. It's on the prohibition of midseason replacement renewal, and I doubt the show's going to have another season beyond that. The Muppets seem to walk a line between continuity and episodic, and we're only 4 eps in. Seems at least Fozzie's relationship gets a continuity nod next episode.

jobi71

Reaction score
Same with me. Unfortunately there's really no other character for Peter to puppeteer besides minor background characters.
He also played Droop in the behind the scenes features on The Muppets DVD. He would fit in easily. Or perhaps there is a new character to come that he will be responsible for.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
UGH! I do not want this thing to follow that unwatchable, yet constantly renewed "Last Man Standing." I'm trying not to keep my hopes low yet not aiming too far to disappointment level, but if this can just get a renew to second season, or at least somehow outnumber the episodes of the last TV show I'd say things would be fine.

Like most shows made in the past 10 years, they're trying to build up to something, and if they go too fast, there's a lack of material, if they go too slow, the audience won't care because they know things won't be resolved. I mean, look at Mike and Molly. They married them off too fast, and then the show's popularity petered out too quickly. It's on the prohibition of midseason replacement renewal, and I doubt the show's going to have another season beyond that. The Muppets seem to walk a line between continuity and episodic, and we're only 4 eps in. Seems at least Fozzie's relationship gets a continuity nod next episode.
It would be better than nothing, and with it going against the World Series tonight, ratings might be hard to look, hopefully not though, and it rebounds from the previous low rated episode, but I do not want to be too optimistic right now.