Video: The Muppets "Walk the Swine" Episode 5 Promo

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Looks like a cool episode, but I am more interested in what will happen to Fozzie and his girlfriend then another one of those Miss Piggy battles.
My question is why have so many women on the show if there all going to get the story line of Piggy has a problem with them. It really seems to me they are running that in to the ground real fast.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
My question is why have so many women on the show if there all going to get the story line of Piggy has a problem with them. It really seems to me they are running that in to the ground real fast.
Perhaps this is just the start of one of many on-going story arcs that will continue on throughout the entire series (especially if it does get more seasons), which will probably have Piggy start being nicer to the other women in later episodes as the series progresses. You never know.

That's another reason to keep giving this show a chance--the fact that the series will clearly have character arcs that will slowly progress throughout the course of the series, not unlike Fraggle Rock, whose characters and dynamics changed and evolved as it progressed (like how the Fraggles, Doozers, Gorgs and Sprocket all started out as enemies and eventually became friends by the end of the series; Doc never saw the Fraggles until the last two episodes; etc.).

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
ANOTHER episode with Piggy battling it out with a celebrity? Really? This is really all their going to do with Piggy on this show? Make her a totally unlikable little wench?

I was kind of hoping we'd get something a little Halloween-ish tonight, like everything else ABC is airing this week.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Out of all the criticisms, that's one of the ones I do have with this show. I know the show's supposed to focus on Kermit and Piggy specifically, but I'm looking for a little more depth from the pig since, well, she needs it. The first episode at least gave her a backstory for hating on a specific celebrity. And the karaoke episode managed to at least peel a couple layers off of the stuffy self important celebrity she is. Hopefully this will work better in context and there will be a reason for this feud that makes it pay off nicely. Hopefully. Have to admit, I felt even the Muppet Show Piggy being jealous of celebrities was a bit much, with the only payoff of being hypocritically swooning over the male guests. I want to see the character as more flawed and having psychological reasons for being the way she is, and I think it would work well with this show Just that they're being extremely slow about it. And while there's some great stuff they're doing with Fozzie, it really seems the character that aren't Piggy have better potential so far.

Other than that, I don't mind that they didn't get forced into a holiday themed episode so soon in the series. It's five episodes in, not the time to make gags about how the show is falling on the week of Halloween. We don't need another C story to busy things up.