The Muppets SPOILER Thread

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This looks like the episode that a lot of Electric Mayhem fans have been wanting for a long time. Going on a road trip with the band would be fun, and I can't wait to see how this one plays out.
I also love how big of a role Janice is getting. It seems she is the most used band member right now, and I'm rully ok with that!

Iscah

Reaction score
What were the hints? Them just being together? How about friends or acquaintances?
Well...

http://www.toughpigs.com/weird-science/

I definitely picked up on it all through The Muppet Show (not looking for it at all, but it was pretty unmissable), though it seemed more that Bunsen had an unrequited crush on Beaker, and Beaker was bewildered by it. But then he's bewildered by just about everything, so it's hard to tell.

More recently, "Flowers on the Wall" had the 'romantic dinner' scene... which suggests the relationship goes both ways. (Or perhaps is unrequited both ways, if that makes sense.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see why Richard being gay has anything to do with it. Beaker wasn't big on personality anyway.

What were the hints? Them just being together? How about friends or acquaintances?
Hints were dropped with the subtly of dropping a piano down a flight of stairs. Rewatch the "Flowers on the Wall" video, the Star Trek cruise episode of Muppets Tonight, and the end of LTS where Bunsen eagerly asks if he may cut in (with a dance with a hot female model), and Beaker is all to eager to oblige. I don't see why making any of the characters "heteronormal" has to be a thing with some fans. I get that they have that "brothers" thing going from (not in any way canon) Muppet Babies, and I get that we don't like to speculate characters as not being hetero-normative, but I do not see the harm in this when they've been basically cracking jokes about it for years.

That said, as far as this show goes, it was a small aside that was kinda amusing to some that has been taken way out of proportion.

Muppy

Reaction score
MISS PIGGY HAD A SONG IN THE NEW EPISODE! REJOICE! THIS EPISODE WAS MY FAVOURITE PIGGY PLOT SO FAR!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
MISS PIGGY HAD A SONG IN THE NEW EPISODE! REJOICE! THIS EPISODE WAS MY FAVOURITE PIGGY PLOT SO FAR!
There weren't any obvious sexual references or curse words were there? I want to watch this with my parents and five year old brother.

Muppy

Reaction score
There weren't any sexual references or curse words were there? I want to watch this with my parents and five year old brother.
I don't think there was anything super bad but the scenes with Fozzie and his girlfriend were a little bit mean spirited. The song was totally clean though. I think you can for sure watch it with your parents, but maybe not your five year old brother (depends on if he'll get all of the jokes).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I don't think there was anything super bad but the scenes with Fozzie and his girlfriend were a little bit mean spirited. The song was totally clean though. I think you can for sure watch it with your parents, but maybe not your five year old brother (depends on if he'll get all of the jokes).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'd bet that half the audience that abandoned the show because the characters don't match up with their fundie beliefs. It's like the characters have to be good Christian teetotalers throwing pies at each other for it to gain an audience.
I've encountered some like that, but I wouldn't say it's half or even most, and doesn't seem to represent the fans here who've had problems with the show. That's a bit too easy an explanation.