The Muppets Episode 5 - Walk the Swine

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Walk the Swine"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been around much to give my thoughts on the previous few episodes (schoolwork got into my way as always), but this week's episode was too good not to be talked about!! Anyways...

I gotta say Steve, David, and Eric really got to shine in this particular episode! Favorite parts included...

1. The whole fight between Miss Piggy and Reese (the "I'm Sorry" song was truly the icing on the cake!!)
2. Fozzie being in tears after Becky and several other Muppets sang "True Colors" (extra points for Zoot playing a riff of it on his saxophone) (Overall I loved how Becky managed to get revenge on Fozzie!)
3. Rizzo trying to get his relatives involved with Scooter's car trouble (I hope to see more from those two together! They really make a spectacular duo!)

MY FAVORITE EPISODE OVERALL...for now at least!!!!!!!!

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
More like character derailment. Unless they give reasons WHY he's suddenly like that it's not development at all, just flanderization.
I prefer floyd as snarky and easy going, not scitzo
I think they're trying to turn Floyd into a redneck. He has something of a southern accent. I don't remember Jerry performing him with one.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
So I saw a preview commercial for next week's episode seems denise is going to show up again.
I think they're trying to turn Floyd into a redneck. He has something of a southern accent. I don't remember Jerry performing him with one.
I wonder if they know how OOC that would be? Floyd, well sergeant floyd seemed pretty liberal in anything I saw him in wouldn't liberal redneck be an oxymoron? Also a redneck cannot be "hip". Like I said floyd always acted like a snarky cool dude musician in everything else he's been. The thing I hate the most is people rewriting how a character that has been around for over 40 years acts for the sake of being "up to date". *facepalm* Hip musician =///= paranoid redneck. and yes I will complain about it because the electric mayhem are some of my favorite characters I WILL call them out if they mess them up.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think they're trying to turn Floyd into a redneck. He has something of a southern accent.
That would be a shame, if the writers instantly connect a southern accent with questionable intelligence. That was never the point of the character. But I imagine that's a stereotype many Hollywood writers love nowadays.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That would be a shame, if the writers instantly connect a southern accent with questionable intelligence. That was never the point of the character. But I imagine that's a stereotype many Hollywood writers love nowadays.
Actually,the redneck stereotype in fiction seems to be used a lot less than it once was.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually,the redneck stereotype in fiction seems to be used a lot less than it once was.
Perhaps you're right, I've just met far too many artsy types lately who revel in that stereotype a little too much out of some misguided political loyalty.

oknazevad

Reaction score
I don't think they're turning him into a redneck at all. They've definitely got a "conspiracy theorist" vibe going, but that's not a redneck trait, per se. There's conspiracy theorists of all stripes, and a hippy conspiracy theorist is actually a pretty common, if old fashioned, take on the trope.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I don't think they're turning him into a redneck at all. They've definitely got a "conspiracy theorist" vibe going, but that's not a redneck trait, per se. There's conspiracy theorists of all stripes, and a hippy conspiracy theorist is actually a pretty common, if old fashioned, take on the trope.
We know that a hippy conspiracy theorist is common. But the thing is; that's not Floyd.