The Muppets Episode 6 - The Ex-Factor

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "The Ex-Factor"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I really love this episode! Piggy was awesome in this this was a different side to Piggy but I loved it! I don't not hate Denise, but I dont like her. She seems nice enough but I will always be in support of Kermit and Piggy as a couple.
The band! I think some people have the wrong ideas about the characters in the band. This episode really showcased ALL of them wonderfully! Welcome to the band Lips I'm glad your finally coming out of your shell and talking. Again loved this episode!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Thats kind of a double standard, to say that janice is a whore for getting around with other members. When a man sleeps with a lot of women he gets called things like a pimp or playa.
Janice'd character is like a hippie/granola girls so her being into "free love" makes sense for her character
I could not have said that better myself!

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Men who sleep around are whore too, man whores. either way I still think janice would be the type to be faithful to the person she is with. But that is just me and I'm just an old fashioned little moral prude.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
They seem to be the Family Guy versions of themselves...
I was having a conversation about this the other day. It wasn't about the Muppets, but it was about how all of pop culture is being reduced to short hand Family Guy-esque references, rather than nuanced and developed character traits.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I still think janice would be the type to be faithful to the person she is with.
Agreed. Yes, the EM were hippies, but they were also Muppets. They don't sink to that level of human frailty (which is something I've already said this show is getting wrong).

Now, that is not saying they're for children and that is not saying they have to be all perfect. I'll repeat what Richard Hunt said, "Jim spoke to the part of grown ups that was childlike." The Muppet Show characters balance the fine line of adult wit and endearing innocence. Go too far in either direction and the character isn't themselves anymore.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I saw no indication of Janice being a harlot. Simply she and the good Doctor were an item at some point prior. Probably before her and Floyd met.

I loved it, but my head cannon is far more drug filled for the EM. I like to think of them as a conglomerate of every 70's rocker Behind the Music special. I don't need the sordid details, but I know what went down.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Ewwww sarah I don't need a mental image of puppet pronz. ew eww eww