The Muppets Episode 6 - The Ex-Factor

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "The Ex-Factor"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
The show was fantastic! I was glad Lips got another line or two! The Electric Mayhem was hilarious and especially when Zoot was being goofy. He's such a cute goofball. :smile: The band was great! I always wondered how long Janice and Floyd have been together for. Who knew Dr.Teeth and Janice were together! I was laughing at Floyd's reaction and Lips saying, "Oh no...here we go, here we go." Found it funny. Now I gotta learn his ACTUAL voice cause I never do it right.

Lourenzo

Reaction score
Wait how is Animal getting too smart and talkative? He spoke in a coherent sentence in this episode, thats it. That has happened occasionally before. Its not like its going to become a regular thing.

Also Reeves if I could ask you a question what are your problems with Fozzie?

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
There was an episode of TMS where he was talking to someone and it was msoly in this weird incoherent speak. Maybe that's why they're not happy? Animal doens't talk in complete sentenses much as far as I cna remember.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say your wording was bad. I'm the one who always struggles to explain myself, believe me, lol. I've just been frustrated. Not every board is as civil toward disagreement as this one. A lot of boards, it's like you're constantly trying to avoid encountering little mind fields of a lifetime of bitter resentment, lol.
Yeah, I do like that - apart from some comments - the board is pretty much civil and we can agree to disagree.

With that said, I...really want to like this show, but TBH, I'm down 3 episodes now that I haven't seen and I just dont...feel it. Not that I'm saying I don't want to watch them, I do, but it's...

It's the same way I felt about Season 4 of OUAT (which I still have not seen from beginning to end). I also got about 4 episodes in and was like...yeah, I'll wait until I've got two episodes and I'll just do a binge. And then it was...maybe 3, cause I'm busy this week. Until finally I'm at the season finale going...hmmm, should I bother? Just...not feeling it.

That's kinda how I feel, despite the fact that episodes 4 and 6 were ones that I was like, OMG I HAVE to watch these! But I'm not running to them like I am OUAT season 5 or Bones or Scream Queens. I will totally defend the fact that I am not in a camp of 'this isn't the Jim Henson Muppets and how dare they change the Muppets I love!'; I totally want this show to succeed and I wanna be able to look back and go, "Oh man. Do you guys remember when this show first premiered? Totally uneven, but worth it to see the show say goodbye after 11 years."

Not that we'd get that, but TMS went five years and with this show doing more or less connected continuity (somewhat), I'd love for a nice end that's longer than the original show, but doesn't drag on like the Simpsons. I know a lot of people have been comparing this to the likes of Family Guy or American Dad in terms of humor, but if you've ever watch these shows, this show is totally not that.

FG has gone off the rails that I haven't seen new episode since maybe season 11 or 12 (maybe). AD is just hitting a sort of uneven stride in these later seasons, thankfully more hit than miss, but not the hilarity that the first 8 seasons was. The only weirdness factor for me so far was Fozzie's dinner with Becky's parents; that was uncomfortably weird, which if there was a laugh track, wouldn't have been so bad, but awkward silence does not do the Muppets.

I might be the only person who's maybe a little worried with the showrunner switch; the person they got did do well on that 70's Show and HIMYM, but those were very much, not shows for anyone under 15. I don't want it to do a complete 180, but cleaning it up some would be great. Last episode had just a A and a B plot, which I think works out much better than the three plots simultaneously. IIRC TMS also only had two plots going (at most).

Well, this was an unexpected tangent! Sorry! :halo:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
webmistress I used to watch family guy so I know how the humor is in that show and while the show was decent at he beginning it got awful later, especially with the meg bashing. >_<
Id still like to see annie-sue and robin in this show. maybe less pepe because I can't STAND that obnoxious pron.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Gina, we is in the same boat this week. Unable to watch the episode, and this was one I was looking forward too so much.

As for OUAT S4, I know what you mean. After watching the entire first half, where the best part was when they brought in The Sorceror's Hat, I kept getting different sort of events that pulled me away from the second half and only caught the two-hour finale.
Now with S5 it's a different story... There are episodes I've missed, but at least I read up on the reviews the next day to stay somewhat up-to-date.
And hey, Bones huh? Only thing of that I've watched was last week for the crossover with Sleepy Hollow S3 which is reminding me so much of S1 and the reason why I frogging lurve that series.
*Goes to research some of the creatures Pandora has summoned. *Trying to change mental image of Denise to redhead and with glasses. *Wonders if Kristen Chenowith made it back out of the desert with all the other passengers from Flight 3546. :smirk:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
argh OUAT season 5 is making me bonkers. How did merlin become a tree again?!

don't worry about kirstin, count. she will be fine. I'm sure the band felt bad for leaving her out there and came back for her just as long as she promised not to say a single word the rest of the way.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
OMG, that does look awesome!

Scooter's "I broke Kermit's show!" had me, cause we all know he's going to break it.

I hope though when Kermit comes back, everyone tells him what a bang up job Scooter did, despite the fact that he nearly destroys the studio from the looks of it. A nice little -

Scooter: Guys, I was a bad executive producer.

Gonzo: You are the worst executive producer.

Piggy: But how many times does Papa Kermit hand over the reigns to you? Besides, it took us years to train the frog to get him to where we wanted him.

Okay, I know what I'll do Wednesday (which thankfully is a holiday, so I have no excuse to not sit and watch four episodes of Muppets)

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
argh OUAT season 5 is making me bonkers. How did merlin become a tree again?!
He confronted the Dark One and they turned him into a tree. This upcoming episode, that Dark One is apparently, the very first dark one ever!