My own personal open rant

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This isn't really a rant or anything, but I'm going to be really honest here: with so many people telling me how much they've been missing Steve and are wanting to see more of him again . . . I was kind of expecting the recent "Monster Eyes" MV to go over better than it has - even though it's really Bethany's video and Steve's more of a feature. Still, I was kind of expecting more turn-out than what it's gotten.

Ironically, I still can't wrap my mind around the fake funding credits spoof video I did racking up over 1,000 views - I haven't gotten that many views since Steve's heyday.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was warned that my very recent short about the differences between single-camera sitcoms then and now would probably not be understood by laypeople . . . I guess that actually turned out to be true, because once again, I find myself being disappointed by the lackluster response to it. I even went an extra step, and shared it specifically with at least five people I know who are experts in the television field, figuring they, in particular, would understand and appreciate the parody. Apparently only two of them even bothered looking, and only one of those two gave some actual feedback. At least somebody out there was just simply happy to see Steve in something new again, so that was nice.

I guess I've just lost my touch.

It also doesn't help that just about the only things popular on YT right now are all review videos: movie reviews, Top 10 countdowns, trivia videos, etc.

Ironically, I still can't wrap my mind around the fake funding credits spoof video I did racking up over 1,000 views - I haven't gotten that many views since Steve's heyday.
That same video has now garnered over 3,000 views - no other video I have is even close to that number. It's frustrating that one video that I put perhaps the least amount of effort into (and one that I just did for the sake of being silly) is the one that's garnered the most attention . . . of course, I know the reason for that is because there's a large number of funding credit obsessors out there, so that probably has a lot to do with it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm really glad that for the first time in a long time I'm actually receiving feedback on my work. It's been a couple of weeks since I released my experimental film, and response to it has been completely positive, which I'm happy about.
Yeah, and now I've learned that, as is often the case, the positive feedback was really just out of politeness. I have been told that the film was too long, but now that seems to be only solid response to it: it's too long. And, in fact, apparently it was shown to someone who actually use to have a career in show business: he didn't like it.

Matter of fact, I'm being told now that I apparently have no sense of timing and pacing. It's ironic, because one of the problems I had with earlier Steve D'Monster episodes was I often would cut and pace them too fast, and not allow time for anything to sink in and process, so I've tried slowing down a bit since then for a better flow . . . but I guess that isn't working either if people don't like my pacing.

And, again, as I said with my very recent short, since it parodies how the television industry has changed from years past to now, I tried sharing it with people who are connected to television somehow, including a historian I'm acquainted with, a sitcom writer whose blog I follow regularly, and other people I know who are experts in certain aspects of television: only two of them have even bothered looking, and only one of them gave any kind of feedback (if only because he's a friend of mine).

I guess I'm just not as good at this as I believed I was. I guess this is why I rarely get any actual feedback on anything anymore: people don't want to tell me how much I suck.