The 10 Worst Muppets?

TheMuppetFan

Reaction score
Gladys the Lunch Lady
J.P. Grosse
Fleet Scribbler
Mr. Poodle Pants
Granny the Gouger
Oh. I forgot that some Muppets Tonight characters did not lead a very pleasant feeling, in my opinion including

Mr. Poodlepants
Bill the Bubble Guy
Clifford
Digit

(And, yes, I am aware that most of these characters were in the Jim Henson Hour. And, how do you not like Fleet Scribbler?)

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Oh. I forgot that some Muppets Tonight characters did not lead a very pleasant feeling, in my opinion including

Mr. Poodlepants
Bill the Bubble Guy
Clifford
Digit

(And, yes, I am aware that most of these characters were in the Jim Henson Hour. And, how do you not like Fleet Scribbler?)
Fleet was so negative. Even Jerry Nelson and the writers didn't like him.

TheMuppetFan

Reaction score
Fleet was so negative. Even Jerry Nelson and the writers didn't like him.
Yeah. Well, in that way, I can see why you dislike him. But, I kind of liked him. But, then again, I still haven't watched those episodes in 2 or 3 years with Fleet Scribbler in them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
IIRC, it wasn't so much that Fleet was a negative character as he was just really abbrasive and aggressive: he was supposed to be poke fun at nosey reporters who are always invading people's personal space to try and dig up a scoop on them, but I believe it was that kind of personality is what turned off the writers, despite being really popular with the British press.
Worst Muppet? That's easy...

Number 15 from "Fifteen's Quincenera" (can't do the ~ over the N). If you ever wanted to watch a Muppet cry like a spoiled brat for 15 minutes, that episode's your chance.
Dude, if we're gonna go that route, what about Penelope Penguin? Gah, I've never been so annoyed by a Muppet before in my life, I wanted to strangle that thing!

Last edited:

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Dude, if we're gonna go that route, what about Penelope Penguin? Gah, I've never been so annoyed by a Muppet before in my life, I wanted to strangle that thing!
Personally, I liked Penelope. Perhaps not one of Sesame Street's more likable one-offs, but adorably immature and nutty. Then again, that episode was the only recent episode of Sesame Street I ever got a chance to see, since it was playing at the hospital once and nobody ever bothers to put new SS episodes online, to my knowledge, so I can't judge proper.

Besides, there is one Sesame one-off that is truly the most unlikable, even though he wasn't actually on the show, but instead a game based on it:

Sure, Cooper is a nice looking Muppet, Ryan Dillon is a good puppeteer, and it's pretty neat that they were able to motion capture a Muppet, but he is truly irritating and high pitched, more so than Elmo or Murray have ever been. Unless you've already played the game, just look up any gameplay video on YouTube, even if it has commentary, and you'll see what I mean...

123Sunny

Reaction score
Personally, I liked Penelope. Perhaps not one of Sesame Street's more likable one-offs, but adorably immature and nutty. Then again, that episode was the only recent episode of Sesame Street I ever got a chance to see, since it was playing at the hospital once and nobody ever bothers to put new SS episodes online, to my knowledge, so I can't judge proper.

Besides, there is one Sesame one-off that is truly the most unlikable, even though he wasn't actually on the show, but instead a game based on it:

Sure, Cooper is a nice looking Muppet, Ryan Dillon is a good puppeteer, and it's pretty neat that they were able to motion capture a Muppet, but he is truly irritating and high pitched, more so than Elmo or Murray have ever been. Unless you've already played the game, just look up any gameplay video on YouTube, even if it has commentary, and you'll see what I mean...
oh good i'm not the only one who liked Penelope.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Well, it's more then ten: A bunch of characters from Muppets Tonight I could live with out
Bug Llewelyn
David Hoggselhoff
Dorothy Bovine
Dr. Pain
Ernest Pleth
Ernst Stavros Grouper
Jean-Dodd van Clamme
Moo-Ing the Merciless
Bart, Moo-Ing's cow Henchman
Mr. PoodlePants
The muppets tonight houseband minus Jowels
Craniac
Captain Pighead
Snorty
Snookie Blyer
A.Ligator
Bill the Bubble Guy
Larry

LashHolstein

Reaction score
Well, it's more then ten: A bunch of characters from Muppets Tonight I could live with out
Bug Llewelyn
David Hoggselhoff
Dorothy Bovine
Dr. Pain
Ernest Pleth
Ernst Stavros Grouper
Jean-Dodd van Clamme
Moo-Ing the Merciless
Bart, Moo-Ing's cow Henchman
Mr. PoodlePants
The muppets tonight houseband minus Jowels
Craniac
Captain Pighead
Snorty
Snookie Blyer
A.Ligator
Bill the Bubble Guy
Larry
I agree on most of these, some I'm slightly indifferent on. I actually like Dorothy and Jean-Dodd's designs though. Especially Jean's.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The stepsisters from HEY CINDERELLA! They have the same problems Drtooth always complained about regarding Season 1 SST AMs: out-of-focus eyes and dead expressions, not to mention they're not really Don's best work, I think. And I'm guessing the special didn't have enough of a budget to get Frank and Jerry microphones, because their voices sound like they're coming from under the floor.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I doubt I have ten I dislike enough, so I'll just tell you which ones I hate instead. Pepe most of all, followed by ALL the Jim Henson Hour Muppets: Digit, Waldo, Leon, Clifford, the Solid Foam band, everybody (I didn't mind Chip the IT Guy in the 2015 show, can't remember how he was on TJHH). If I can include Sesame Street characters on my list, Elmo goes ahead of everybody, though. I can't STAND the little ****.