The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Does anybody have an insert of Maria eating jalapenos in the park, and Kingston Livingston wanted to try one, but she was concerned that they'd be way too spicy for him to handle. I seem to recall after Maria caves in and lets him try one, he commenses into this cartoon reaction of steam coming out of his ears and tea kettle whistles as he spazzes out - though he liked it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Does anyone have a skit from I think 1991, where Maria and Luis sing a song about a "casa" and each one tries to persuade a group of kids to come to their house.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
This doesn't really fit into this thread, but I don't feel like it deserves it's own, but today I stumbled upon a rare skit with Herry Monster and Lefty the Salesman (
), and it made me wonder: how many skits are out there that have been lost over time, aren't online or just haven't been seen in ages? A lot? Basically what % of SS is available to watch without raiding the CTW vaults?

Like all of The Muppet Show is available for the public to watch, but what about SS? It is one of the most legendary TV shows of all-time; why don't they release seasons? Is it too hard? Does the CTW even own all of season one or has it been lost over time?

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
why don't they release seasons?
We've had this discussion many times before, but the fact of the matter is, if they were to do that, it was cost a fortune to make and to purchase: keep in mind, SST is a daily series that was an hour long, and up till Season 30, each season had 130 episodes - that's 130 hours multiplied by 29, that's a lot of hours of material to transfer to some form of home video release (DVD, streaming, whatever) . . . it would cost SW (a non-profit organization) a lot of money to do that (hey, Jim Martin's been digitally preserving episodes of THE GREAT SPACE COASTER, and it costs $350 just to digitize and store one episode), and it would cost a fortune for fans to buy sets like that. It's just not a practical or feasible option for anybody; I think they've done good with syndication packages like SESAME STREET UNPAVED and 123 SESAME STREET, and the old school sets, not to mention material that's available on YT or the SST site. But to actually release full season sets of the show? Ain't gonna happen.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Even if someone did have every episode in their possession, (and when trading Noggin tapes was a big racket, there were quite a few requests for this), some people never did the math:

If you committed to watching 12 episodes a day, every day, you would kiss a whole year good-bye.
Although there might be one or two geeks out there willing to do that.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I could see why the particular skit I linked is as rare as it is, with Herry putting a bag over Lefty's head and all. It's amazing how much things have changed since the '70s.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Does anybody have an insert of Maria eating jalapenos in the park, and Kingston Livingston wanted to try one, but she was concerned that they'd be way too spicy for him to handle. I seem to recall after Maria caves in and lets him try one, he commenses into this cartoon reaction of steam coming out of his ears and tea kettle whistles as he spazzes out - though he liked it.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_3182 (Scene 4)

I'm pretty sure Jeremy (hooperfan on here, Sesame Maniac on YouTube) has it. Perhaps you might want to ask him.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm looking for the sketch where Big Bird sings the alphabet while Bob plays glasses of water.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Does anyone have a skit from I think 1991, where Maria and Luis sing a song about a "casa" and each one tries to persuade a group of kids to come to their house.
Here you go! :smile:

I'm looking for the sketch where Big Bird sings the alphabet while Bob plays glasses of water.
It's been on YouTube for 3 years now. Sometimes you just have to dig a little deeper...