Am I the only one who hates what they've done to the Fozzie puppet?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Y'know, it's not just puppets, adn it's not just animation, there's plenty of advances in technology that many people aren't too fond of: music is perhaps one of the biggest ones there is - I've noticed a lot of people (particularly older people) say the same thing about music having losts its "warmth" since we've gone with digital technology, from CDs to MP3s and digital albums - they say the "warmth" of the music came from the static and bumps and scratches you heard coming from the record player. Heck, some people out there say the "warmth" of home video is lost on DVD and Blu-ray, with some saying they miss that fuzz and noise that came with VHS (that I can certainly live without). There's an interview with John R. Dilworth (the creator of COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG, and the artist behind those NOODLES & NEDD shorts on SST) on YouTube where he and the interviewer both expressed how much they miss the days of where sound effects in cartoons were recorded in airport hangers, giving an obvious echo and distortion to the sound.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
well I can say I don't miss recording music on cassette tapes off the radio and picking up other radio signals in the process. That was soooo annoying.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lol, I'm of the CD generation, so I didn't have to put up with that, lol. Now, when it comes to downloading and burning music onto CDs, there's the issue of making sure you get decent-quality recordings of the songs, sometimes you'll get low-quality, muffled, tinny, recordings from being compressed.

I love puppets

Reaction score
Yes the thing that bothers me the most about Fozzie is the excess fur on the corner of his lips. It looks like they just forgot to cut it. Also Floyd has looked rough for a while. I haven't like the look of him since 2008. He use to look really cool and lanky, now his face is too circular. Matt is a very talented performer but Floyd is the only Muppet that he hasn't nailed. His singing and speaking voice sounds very different from Nelson's.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, no two puppeteers are going to sound exactly like each other (though Drew Massey can sound remarkably a lot like David Rudman), and Jerry Nelson had a really incredible range of voices that it'll be near-impossible for anybody, try as they might, to sound exactly like him; I, personally, feel Matt's done an excellent job with not just Floyd, but all of Jerry's characters. Likewise, Matt may not sound just like Caroll Spinney as Big Bird, but at least he'll be inheriting Big Bird, thus keeping him alive.

I will confess, however, that I thought of all the performers that have done Scooter since Richard Hunt's passing, Rickey Boyd is the one who's sounded closest to Richard, but it makes since that David's doing Richard's characters now, considering David was like Richard's protege - plus it's nice to see David performing outside SST again.

muppetperson

Reaction score
What happened to Fozzie's body in the Crumpet ad? Doesn't look much bigger than Kermit's body !!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another Sesame Muppet I feel has perhaps suffered from the perfecting of puppet building is Mr. Johnson - and he's an AM. He used to have smaller eyes (that I'm pretty sure Grover once called "beady"), but since the 2000s his eyes have been noticably larger (and I know Grover's remarked about how "bulgy" they are), which somehow makes him look as if he's had one too many amphetamines as a result of all the torment he's suffered from Grover's mere existence.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Another Sesame Muppet I feel has perhaps suffered from the perfecting of puppet building is Mr. Johnson - and he's an AM. He used to have smaller eyes (that I'm pretty sure Grover once called "beady"), but since the 2000s his eyes have been noticably larger (and I know Grover's remarked about how "bulgy" they are), which somehow makes him look as if he's had one too many amphetamines as a result of all the torment he's suffered from Grover's mere existence.
I also liked how him and the other AMs used to look a bit fuzzier.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Oh PUH-LEASE, Fozzie's puppet before this current one was the ugliest besides season 1's. And really? Complaining about how puppets look too clean and perfect? We're in a day in technology in TV has gotten to the point where you can count the pores on people's noses.