The Muppets Episode 9 - Going, Going, Gonzo

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Going, Going, Gonzo"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
My thoughts:

1. Hey Sweetums, you'd better see a doctor about that cold before you cause another accident backstage--do you really have a cold or just allergies?
2. I think the FDA should outright ban Piggy Water. 30 grams of fat for water? Ridiculous!
3. Don't worry, Animal. So it was a draw. So was your competition with Harry Belafonte 37 years ago!

Also...this is one of the few times we see Gonzo and Bunsen interact (probably because they share the same performer--same goes for Scooter and Janice).

Muppy

Reaction score
I think jokes about Scooter being a mamma's boy is really getting old. It was funny the first few times, but now that's ALL they make fun about. They're making Scooter seem really pathetic.

But I really loved this episode lol. Piggy Water was a great running gag.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Fools! You have all had time to join mycrusade for an Uncle Deadly "maniacal" smilie and done nothing about it. Now you shall know my wrath. That, and once your lifeless hand signs the petition we can all go to lunch at a decent hour.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Fools! You have all had time to join mycrusade for an Uncle Deadly "maniacal" smilie and done nothing about it. Now you shall know my wrath. That, and once your lifeless hand signs the petition we can all go to lunch at a decent hour.
Yes sir oh Lord of darkness! Just point me in the right direction and I will sign my life away!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, just direct your pitchforks and torches at Jamie, or whoever Phil suggests should take his place as new Muppet-icon creator. Once we get our Uncle D smilie, then we can crow about how it's alive, it's alive!
*Leaves the first of this year's number cookies, a 1 for Dwayne.

jobi71

Reaction score
I hope the Muppet folk are sitting back with their feet up, a beverage of their choice in their hand, they made an excellent episode. The more you know of Kermit's and Gonzo's shared history the more enjoyment the episode presents.

A few random thoughts.

I would not be opposed to an entire scene improvised by Bill and Steve as Pepe and Rizzo.

Janice is a little more dippy on the hippy-dippy scale, but I think she is wonderful.

Sam is all American and all product placement brought to you by Piggy Water. Loved it. Although I would not want to have him as my baby sitter.

A line I loved - Zoot: Is that the real moon? Or a department store one?

A line I hope to use in life: Give me some of that Muppet money.

I am really glad that Gonzo's big stunt was not seen by millions, but by his friend Kermit. I think Gonzo would like that too.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well, just direct your pitchforks and torches at Jamie, or whoever Phil suggests should take his place as new Muppet-icon creator. Once we get our Uncle D smilie, then we can crow about how it's alive, it's alive!
*Leaves the first of this year's number cookies, a 1 for Dwayne.
If I had any real skills at anything I would gladly volunteer to that job! Sadly the only things I'm good at are sniffing out spammers and tapdanceing across the country.......

jobi71

Reaction score
If I had any real skills at anything I would gladly volunteer to that job! Sadly the only things I'm good at are sniffing out spammers and tapdanceing across the country.......
Dwayne, don't sell yourself short. You tap dance quite well. And a one and a two and a...