"The Muppets" (2011) - Kermit's Office/Miss Piggy's Dressing Room Photo Lot

Joe P

Reaction score
Hey everybody;

After a couple years of diligently checking in with an Ebay seller who in 2013 had listed a number of lots of prop photos used as set dressing in 2011's "The Muppets" movie and in the recreations of Kermit's office and Miss Piggy's dressing room as seen on display at the El Capitan Theatre during the film's release (in addition to assorted loose photos from the art department), I finally hit pay dirt. The seller had long confirmed he had other stuff he hadn't gotten around to listing, and last month he took inventory and sent me some snapshots of what he had left. A few days after my birthday, I bought it all from him, and today my treasure trove arrived in the mail direct from California. Going through the box, seeing the stuff up close, I was as giddy as a schoolboy and instantly felt like a kid again.

Some photos came with their frames intact, and I need to get a photo album or something to display the loose ones. I intend to take good scans/pictures of everything and would be happy to share them here if there's interest in seeing them. Let me know.

Thanks a lot;
Joe Pawich

DrGroverFan

Reaction score
I would love to see some of these pictures! I have some old production Muppet photos from awhile back and would love to see some of the new stuff.

You probably already know this, but when you find or purchase a photo album for some of these photos, be sure it has acid-free pages and are Archival Safe. A company called ITOYA makes great products such as "Art Profolios". This will help keep them safe, especially if they have value.

Joe P

Reaction score
I would love to see some of these pictures! I have some old production Muppet photos from awhile back and would love to see some of the new stuff.

You probably already know this, but when you find or purchase a photo album for some of these photos, be sure it has acid-free pages and are Archival Safe. A company called ITOYA makes great products such as "Art Profolios". This will help keep them safe, especially if they have value.
Thanks for the reply. Very neat; what Muppet production(s) do you have photos from, and where did you get them? Do you have pictures of your collection anywhere? I'd like to see those as well.

Thanks for your advice re: ITOYA. Some of these photos have mock signatures on them that I would still prefer to keep intact if possible. I don't have much experience with storing anything above standard photos and kind of assumed that all albums/page protectors are created equal, but clearly that isn't the case. You've definitely given me something to think of that I hadn't considered, and I will need to do my due diligence. Do you use ITOYA products to house your own collection?

I scanned my photos in last night and took snapshots of the stuff I couldn't scan. When I post them here, where possible, I will try to photomatch them to corresponding screencaps from the movie or pictures of the El Capitan displays.

Joe

Joe P

Reaction score
Cool. Very impressive!
Thanks very much. You can see why I was excited. I'm not a serious collector and don't really follow the market for this stuff, but I get the impression it doesn't become available very often, especially since it falls under the Disney umbrella now.

Had a quick look at your site too - so you're the person who landed that photo prop Fozzie puppet I read about a while back? What a find. No doubt that'd be the centerpiece of most anyone's Muppet collection.

Joe

Joe P

Reaction score
Thank you for the comments and views so far. Just wanted to add that if any members here won any of the other photo auctions on Ebay back in 2013 or know someone who did, I'd love to see your pics and how you display them, etc. It would be great to piece the puzzle together and see more of these pics again. I may even be interested in adding to my newfound collection if at all possible.

Joe

Joe P

Reaction score
Figured I would update this thread with the first and so far only addition I've been able to make to my collection of set dressing/art department photos from 2011's "The Muppets" movie:

A photo of Miss Piggy with fashion designer Valentino, "signed by" Valentino in silver marker in the same manner that the other signatures in my collection were mimicked. No idea if it actually appears in the movie or not, but the fact they went so far as to add the signature should imply that they at least intended for it to, possibly in Piggy's Vogue office.

This photo can be traced back to the seller I purchased my collection from. I was thrilled to come across it this past January and was happy to add another piece to the puzzle. I had not seen this one before, as the seller had gifted it to a big customer of his. Since much of this stuff came and went on Ebay in 2013, I have not seen any of it resurface and wish I knew its whereabouts. Until then, I wait.

As before, the rest of my collection can be seen here for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/41468449@N04/albums/72157661788003052

Enjoy!

Thanks a lot
Joe Pawich