The Muppets Episode 9 - Going, Going, Gonzo

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Going, Going, Gonzo"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
this was the best of the season I loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!

something my dad asked me that I could not answer him because I don't know, how are the ratings is there any talk of a season two ??

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the show is still slipping in the ratings:
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/ratings-chicago-med-strong-the-muppets-hits-low-1201651749/

At 3.8 million American viewers, The Muppets was down from its last airing (although I suspect a two-week break and all this ridiculous talk about "retooling" didn't help it), chalking up its lowest audience numbers since the series debuted in September.

This is extremely disappointing as I felt last night's episode was one of the best of the entire series (apparently several people here agree) and deserved to be seen by a wider audience.

But, as I've said earlier, there's a lot of competition. The Voice, as usual, had a big night and The Flash benefited from a two-night crossover with another popular superhero show, Arrow. And CBS took in nine million viewers with its airing of Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, and I can't argue with people wanting to watch that.

Is ABC going to give it another try? I sure hope so. Those that are watching it are thoroughly enjoying it, if the Facebook and Twitter reaction are any indication. That also applies to The AV Club, which gave last night's episode its highest rating ever (A-) and had positive reaction from its members in the comments section.

And let's not forget that ABC itself has called The Muppets its best-performing Tuesday half-hour series in four years. That's got to be something to go on.

It's frustrating, but I'm not going to let the numbers sully the triumph that was "Going, Going, Gonzo." At the risk of sounding too pie-in-the-sky, I am convinced that better days are ahead for this series and The Muppets in general.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
you know the whole "miss piggy gets face lifts and things to remain young and attractive" thing just feels strange to me. I am aware she is vain and it's perfectly in character for her to do those things but it just weirds me out. I cannot explain why though. >_<
I mean miss piggy is cute. I guess I just don't feel like she needs to do those things to remain attractive. I mean.. I don't think Kermit cares about that stuff. he loves her no matter what (yeah I know they're not together anymore) but you know what I mean.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Oh yes, Muppet cannon. That thing that barely exists.
No it exists. Gonzo was fired out of it.
The part where Dr. Teeth told Scooter to start by leaving home at 14, venture to Mississippi, and meet a voodoo princess named Tiana who will give anyone a gold tooth and teach them the rhythms of love really interested and confused me a bit (we all know Dr. Teeth got his gold tooth made out of melted-down gold records)
Well, how do we know he didn't replace said Voodoo Tooth when he got famous? :wink:

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW: What would Tiana the Voodoo Princess look like? Would she be a human character or a Muppet Whatnot? This is one of the off-mentioned characters that needs to be an actual character the most, along with Scooter and Gonzo's moms.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
BTW: What would Tiana the Voodoo Princess look like? Would she be a human character or a Muppet Whatnot? This is one of the off-mentioned characters that needs to be an actual character the most, along with Scooter and Gonzo's moms.
You know the Muppets Tonight violinist? Sort of like that, but no top hat or violin.

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
Beats me. I don't know if Dr. Teeth made it up or it really happened. Either way, maybe there was some sort of "connection" between the two. Hey it's a possibility.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I am beginning to think dr. teeth made the whole thing up just to mess with Scooter. also why am I not the least big bothered by janice knowing how to pierce people's ears? lol

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know the Muppets Tonight violinist? Sort of like that, but no top hat or violin.
Er, no, the only member of the Muppets Tonight band I know is Jowls. Will check the Muppet Character Encyclopedia and ask my fam for help describing that particular character. Thanks though.
*Leaves a number 2 cookie for Lamango2

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Okay, the opening number was great. It had so many things going for it; Piggy performing a number with the guest star, everything goes wrong... I enjoy when this show manages to remind me of why I fell in love with The Muppets in the first place.

"Gonzo! Are you alive?" - that was kind of weird. The Muppets are immortal. I don't want the Muppets mulling their existence.

OMG, who is funnier? :rolleyes: or :cool:? These guys are a riot!