The Muppets Episode 10 - Single All the Way

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Single All the Way"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I’ll start with Sam and Janice. Probably the weirdest thing to come out of this show thus far (even with the addition of Chip). Sam may be a patriotic all-American bald eagle, but on the inside he is a fledgling chick struggling to make his first flight when it comes to Janice. I’m not quite sure whether to consider this thing a legitimate storyline or an extremely long running gag. The mistletoe was a funny bit and at least he got his kiss in the end. I have yet to come to a conclusion on how I feel about this.
I just will never buy the :attitude:-:flirt: thing. Even if he wasn't into Janice, this Sam is a whole lot more friendly and different than the old, strict, boring Sam.

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
This one folks.... this is the one right here! THIS was classic Muppets! Maybe it's the holidays that bring out the best in them? No matter what, the show's writing was right on point! So many sweet and hilarious moments! Uncle Deadly's "Can of Worms" cracked me up!

Of course, nothing thrilled me more than seeing the frog & pig have a moment! I see them back together real soon! :smile:

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
When was the last time the show had a morning meeting? I think those were cut out.

mr3urious

Reaction score
This was a great Winter Finale episode. Thankfully, Piggy and Kermit haven't gotten together already like the promos made us believe; they're still just friends for now. And Fozzie's relationship with Becky still has some chance of getting back together, since it wasn't outright stated that their breakup was permanent.

And we got a great heartwarming moment between Kermit and Piggy over her loneliness that gave me the feels, as the Muppets are good at doing. And even though there was a 3rd plotline here with Sam's continued crush on Janice, it wasn't too intrusive, and was even sweetly concluded in the end.
Also, gotta love Big Mean Carl's take on "'Twas the Night Before Christmas".

That said, I'm still cautiously optimistic about the show's return in February. I really hope the producers don't ditch all the storylines that have been established to this point, but that's the worst case scenario.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Indeed this wasn't just one of the best episodes of the series, it's also the best Christmas thing the Muppets have done in a while. At first, I was a little, not so much concerned but kinda skeptical about them doing a holiday themed episode. But they managed to keep the show's continuity and make some great breakthroughs along with the seasonal Christmas themes.

The Piggy and Kermit talk is exactly what I was hoping for since the summer's publicity stunt of having Kermit and Piggy break up. They dealt with it quite well, and the seeds they planted at the beginning are starting to sprout. I've really liked how they handled the guest stars in recent episodes (not so much the Chelsea Handler one, but I'd say that's still an improvement over the beginning of the series), how they're not the main plotline, but involved enough to give them that Muppet and celeb punch. if this is how the series is going to be come February, I'm very optimistic about the show. They even seemed to get the characters better in the latest episodes. Hopefully this was the result of the guy who wasn't Bill Prady leaving. Hope the word of mouth spreads about the show's sharp increase of quality and the ratings get better after the break. As defensive as I was about the show at the beginning, I'll agree fully. This is where the show should have been.

And as I say every week, I'm glad Yolanda adds to the unfortunately thin roster of female Muppet characters. Every week, that character knocks it out of the park. Glad to see they brought back a long dormant character to fill out the cast. Same deal with Uncle Deadly, though that seems more to give Matt another character to play regularly.

mr3urious

Reaction score
And as I say every week, I'm glad Yolanda adds to the unfortunately thin roster of female Muppet characters. Every week, that character knocks it out of the park. Glad to see they brought back a long dormant character to fill out the cast. Same deal with Uncle Deadly, though that seems more to give Matt another character to play regularly.
I'd like to see more X-chromosomes like Annie Sue and Mildred Huxtetter return if the writers actually decide upon bringing back more obscure characters.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
What a wonderfully Muppety Christmas episode! Like the best episodes of the show, it blended a classic Muppet feel with the modern elements. I was so into what was going on that the commercial breaks felt extra long and annoying.

Anyone else want to reach into the TV and hug Piggy at the end? Her being sad watching Kermit and Denise just broke my heart. I can relate to what she's going through, so those parts really spoke to me. I wonder if this will motivate Piggy to show Kermit she can change to win him back. It feels like the next logical step.

Speaking of Kermit and Piggy, their scene was so sweet! The promo made it seem like they'd get back together or kiss or something, but what we got felt just right. They need to keep taking their time getting back together and show other sitcoms how it's supposed to be done. :smile::mad:

The part where everyone gives Yolanda the presents they bought, knowing she rigged secret santa, was the second best sweet moment. I wasn't sure what direction the show would take when they found out, but what they did do just sums up the Muppets perfectly.

I wish we could've seen the skit for Mindy they came up with. I was laughing just watching Rizzo and Pepe act it out in those outfits.

Sam finally got a kiss from Janice! A kiss on the cheek, but he'll take it any day. :attitude: I have mixed feelings about the two of them as a couple, but it's been a nice, unexpected storyline. Hopefully this won't be abandoned when the show comes back from its break. It should receive some sort of conclusion.

The whole group singing together near the end is the kind of scene I've been waiting for since the show began! Hopefully they'll do this type of thing at least once a season. It just doesn't feel right to go too long without the whole gang singing.

February feels like forever from now! The whole reboot thing had me a bit nervous, but after the last few episodes I'm not as worried. The reviews all across the net have been much more positive lately, and I'm sure the people in charge notice this. As long as the show stays like this I think it can have a nice run. :smile:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Loved it! My favorite parts were all of Uncle Deadly's lines, Rizzo and Pepe helping Gonzo pitching the elves sketch to Mindy and all the Muppets singing together. What's better than all the Muppets singing Christmas songs? I also loved Yolanda in this, she can be as devious as Rizzo, but here, she had a good reason for doing what she did. And Beauregard was there at the end! But where in the world is Walter? I hoped that I'd see him in this episode, but maybe we'll see him in February. You know, with Miss Piggy and Fozzie's conversation, they both helped each other out, even though Miss Piggy didn't know it. Looks like Kermit and Piggy being together again (no pun intended).
At least Sam did get a kiss from Janice, I did "aww" at that moment, who else did?

Overall, a wonderful way to end this half of the show with the Muppets!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I've really liked how they handled the guest stars in recent episodes (not so much the Chelsea Handler one, but I'd say that's still an improvement over the beginning of the series), how they're not the main plotline, but involved enough to give them that Muppet and celeb punch.
I'm excited for what's to come after the winter break,I think Jennifer Lawrence and Sofia Vergara are set to make guest appearances,both great actresses.It'll be really interesting to see how Lawrence plays off the muppets considering she usually doesn't do comedy,or at least not comedy as light as the Muppets.

And as I say every week, I'm glad Yolanda adds to the unfortunately thin roster of female Muppet characters. Every week, that character knocks it out of the park.
Yes,I am loving Yolanda,Jennifer Buscher was one of the best things that could have happened to the show,it's amazing that one performer can be so versatile.