Your Thoughts: Half-hour Sesame Street begins on PBS September 1, 2014

Drtooth

Reaction score
Where are you getting this info from? I don't think that's the case at all. From the PBS listings I've seen, the episodes re-running now are billed as "45##," meaning they're extensions of season 45, not season 46.
I've seen a "new" tag on Finishing the Splat as well, but on zap2it. So, after a simple look on the Wikia, I noticed that Finishing the Splat wasn't listed as one of the repeat episodes from season 46. So it's somehow considered a new episode in half hour rerun for season 45 form? I get why he was confused about it. Then again, Zap2it is weird. I noticed when Qubo for some reason started rerunning old Denver the Last Dinosaur episodes, they were tagged as "new." All the while some actually new episodes of something aren't. And... well... when it listed some Be Cool Scooby-Doo and Wabbit episodes, they were reruns from the future, apparently. I would personally chalk that up to Zap2it's inaccuracy, but it's odd that someone found it on another TV listings site.

So it's a shame that isn't the case because that would have worked so well. "New" reruns for PBS while the newly produced Sesame episodes got a run on HBO. Seems like it would have been a good compromise over that 9 month gap and the fact the season started late.

WorldOfSesame

Reaction score
I've seen a "new" tag on Finishing the Splat as well, but on zap2it. So, after a simple look on the Wikia, I noticed that Finishing the Splat wasn't listed as one of the repeat episodes from season 46. So it's somehow considered a new episode in half hour rerun for season 45 form? I get why he was confused about it. Then again, Zap2it is weird. I would personally chalk that up to Zap2it's inaccuracy, but it's odd that someone found it on another TV listings site.

So it's a shame that isn't the case because that would have worked so well. "New" reruns for PBS while the newly produced Sesame episodes got a run on HBO. Seems like it would have been a good compromise over that 9 month gap and the fact the season started late.
Thank ya'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MPBN MUST BE WEIRD BECAUSE THEY SAY IT TOO.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
From what I understand, the "new" episodes on PBS are considered that due to the half-hour format; the ones last year were considered a separate series than the hour-long. So, PBS is calling this new batch of edits a second season in a sense.

One thing I do like is that they're keeping the ETM bits (albiet truncated) and that they'll continue in the new HBO season.

WorldOfSesame

Reaction score
From what I understand, the "new" episodes on PBS are considered that due to the half-hour format; the ones last year were considered a separate series than the hour-long. So, PBS is calling this new batch of edits a second season in a sense.

One thing I do like is that they're keeping the ETM bits (albiet truncated) and that they'll continue in the new HBO season.
Not always. The episode last Friday had all of the short form segments booted off.

WorldOfSesame

Reaction score
Now what the ****? I know that SW sells paid access to Sesame Street episodes on YouTube, but now why are they now selling the edited 1/2 hr. episodes too? This doesn't make any sense at all!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I had a feeling that was a case. Pretty sneaky, but I guess unless anyone frequents TV listing sites, it doesn't really matter.

WorldOfSesame

Reaction score
I had a feeling that was a case. Pretty sneaky, but I guess unless anyone frequents TV listing sites, it doesn't really matter.
My local PBS Station (as of a few minutes ago!) stated on their website that if, quote "no new episodes were made...then PBS will have to die it off of PBS". What does that mean?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't believe that. I've seen shows that stayed on PBS years after they had any new episodes. Clifford was on my station at least 4 or 5 years after the episodes ran out. And it got them back again after a brief period where they weren't on. And while the half hour episodes made out of full length ones still technically count as "new" episodes and the fact they'll get the actual new episodes 9 months later, there isn't any major lull period.

WorldOfSesame

Reaction score
I don't believe that. I've seen shows that stayed on PBS years after they had any new episodes. Clifford was on my station at least 4 or 5 years after the episodes ran out. And it got them back again after a brief period where they weren't on. And while the half hour episodes made out of full length ones still technically count as "new" episodes and the fact they'll get the actual new episodes 9 months later, there isn't any major lull period.
Yeah. Clifford used to do the same thing here. But we also got an extended period of Sid The Science Kid...and now we just get more BBC News instead.

In the early 2000's Sesame Street used to air 3 times a day, now it is only at 10:00 AM. I remember that episode about "Cookie's World" and how it once aired back to back for 3 hours in a row after local sports which airs in winter sometimes due to stupid basketball tournaments. This usually isn't the case.
For Example... 2004
10:00 SS
12:00 SS
3:00 SS

Censored

Reaction score
Appropriate. It's only half the show it once was.